IGNORED

The GREAT 2017 ZCON picture thread

A few more COTA pics:

The first is my rider for the parade laps, Yoshie Suzuki with the Fairlady Z Owner's Club - Z Project Tokyo.  Yoshie drives a black 350Z coupe.  If I understood her correctly, she is a nail designer - check out the micro fruits glued to her nails.  Next is another shot of the staging line we were in for over one hour - that's @Zup and @S30Driver ahead of us in the first group.  For reasons unknown, the track had a Mercedes group scheduled until 6:15.

COTA01.jpg

COTA02.jpg

COTA03.jpg

COTA04.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Fiona (110 Red) is the last car in row 5 Jim! :P

Row 4 gets a little ragged toward the end. :blush:

FWIW, I'm with Zilver---3rd car, row 3---901 Silver. :D

Thanks for the link to the Hemming's article----nice write up about the spirit of ZCON17!

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 10:57 PM, Zup said:

May I explain---

75 to 80 mph heavy traffic in a 4 lane construction zone with no shoulders!! Dude in a SUV waving frantically at me from the right to get my attention--- Fought my way through the ignoramuses around me to escape at the last exit for the next 15 miles. Stopped the car and got out to inspect---flat tire passenger rear. WTF!!!!

Disaster if it hadn't happened the way it did.

Tire was running almost on the rim. Crippled up to a Wendy's with a convenience store next by. Asked if they had air--- although I wasn't sure that I could even move the car any further. Asked if they knew of a roadside service that I could call-- Sure--gave me the card--I called ---explained my predicament--He says "What size tires??" I say 14"?????!!!!! He says "Hell I don't know where to get them in Temple, TX.--- maybe a Walmart." Asks me where I am. "At the Wendy's/ convenience store in Temple."

He says--"I'm around back working on a 18 wheeler!"

Fantastic!

He pulls around and breaks the tire down and removes the tip of a broken utility knife blade that has sliced my tire in the thickest part of the tread.

Does the entire job "old school style" with a bead breaker spud bar, tire spoons, and an inner patch applied after flaming the inner tire area of the slice to insure a good bond. Great hard working guy that asked for $40--I gave him $50  and thanked my lucky stars the cut wasn't in the sidewall.

The shot above was the next day when Scarab owner Mike Reynolds lent me his floor jack so that @Captain Obvious and his pal Gary could take me and the tire to a shop to re-balance the tire before the COTA Parade laps.

Deepest appreciation and thanks to all you guys for the help!!!

Zup

p.s. @Mike W  would not let me leave to go back home without a spare and gave me the original 14" steel rim with a brand new tire mounted on it from his 260Z before I left. Thanks again to you Mike!

You all are the best there is!!

Not always about the destination but sometimes the journey can hold more stories!