IGNORED

The GREAT 2017 ZCON picture thread

4 minutes ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

I thought of instead of just searching for individual threads, I would put a catch all thread up in general.  Here is a link to my flickr album with all my ZCON stuff loaded.

Something didn't work Zedy???

I'm sorry!  I clicked on the image and that sent me there. :facepalm:

Edited by siteunseen

I wanted to say thanks for all of you for putting up with my calamities. I felt like death warmed over the first day I got there, and surely wasn't a lot of fun to be around. (For those of you who weren't there or heard any of the story, I blew out my back a mere 12 hours before I was supposed to get on the plane for ZCON, and almost pulled the plug on the trip due to the pain. Thankfully, I did not.)

What really helped was when I hobbled to the show at the Oasis and saw the smiling gang of familiar and new friends. Friends that were clearly surprised that I made the trip.  I tried my best to put on a good front that day. but I've heard from many of you that you could tell I was suffering. Just wanted to let everyone know that most of that is behind me now. I'm home, safe, and feeling much better. Not at 100% yet, but well on my way.

I want to give a special shout out to my travelling partner Gary @GGRIII for pulling me along and picking up my slack. He took care of all my lifting the entire time I was there, pulled my bag through the airport for me, and even chauffeured me around the first two days as I laid back in the passenger seat of the rental car. I would not have been able to make the trip without him, and he deserves the credit for making this trip happen.

I've got a number of pics that I will eventually post, but at this point I'm exhausted.  Here's one that can't wait though:

P1110992.JPG

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

I thought of instead of just searching for individual threads, I would put a catch all thread up in general.  Here is a link to my flickr album with all my ZCON stuff loaded.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sdamico/albums/72157682607635543

Awesome!  Can you upload a few to our gallery too?

m

Looks like it was a great time Steve. Didn't realize it was was going to be at COTA. That in itself would have made the trip worth it. The race from BAKU was pretty interesting yesterday. We need more like it. Glad you made it back safely. Hope to be there next year.

Stephen - great set of pics, thanks for posting the link.  Here's a link to a video of the parade laps I uploaded to YouTube last night.  Its shot with my grandson's GoPro Hero2, set at 720p and 60 fps (for the technogeeks).  I tried to be cute and mount an external mic by the exhaust for that rich L24 sound but the cheap mic failed me - AARRRGGGHHHHH!  I'll get some additional pics edited and loaded later.

Enjoy!

May I explain---

75 to 80 mph heavy traffic in a 4 lane construction zone with no shoulders!! Dude in a SUV waving frantically at me from the right to get my attention--- Fought my way through the ignoramuses around me to escape at the last exit for the next 15 miles. Stopped the car and got out to inspect---flat tire passenger rear. WTF!!!!

Disaster if it hadn't happened the way it did.

Tire was running almost on the rim. Crippled up to a Wendy's with a convenience store next by. Asked if they had air--- although I wasn't sure that I could even move the car any further. Asked if they knew of a roadside service that I could call-- Sure--gave me the card--I called ---explained my predicament--He says "What size tires??" I say 14"?????!!!!! He says "Hell I don't know where to get them in Temple, TX.--- maybe a Walmart." Asks me where I am. "At the Wendy's/ convenience store in Temple."

He says--"I'm around back working on a 18 wheeler!"

Fantastic!

He pulls around and breaks the tire down and removes the tip of a broken utility knife blade that has sliced my tire in the thickest part of the tread.

Does the entire job "old school style" with a bead breaker spud bar, tire spoons, and an inner patch applied after flaming the inner tire area of the slice to insure a good bond. Great hard working guy that asked for $40--I gave him $50  and thanked my lucky stars the cut wasn't in the sidewall.

The shot above was the next day when Scarab owner Mike Reynolds lent me his floor jack so that @Captain Obvious and his pal Gary could take me and the tire to a shop to re-balance the tire before the COTA Parade laps.

Deepest appreciation and thanks to all you guys for the help!!!

Zup

p.s. @Mike W  would not let me leave to go back home without a spare and gave me the original 14" steel rim with a brand new tire mounted on it from his 260Z before I left. Thanks again to you Mike!

You all are the best there is!!

• Like 3