IGNORED

Looking for informations about a 240Z

Arny

1 hour ago, K-TeeZ said:

Hey can anyone give advice on BaT 240z auction here. http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-datsun-240z-9/

Sent from my iPad using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Click the green button (I cut a picture out for you) and start a new thread.  There's probably still some talking to do about this car.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forum/61-open-s30-z-discussions/

New.PNG

Woow that's amazing to have found one of the previous owner here ! Thank you very much !

Those informations are very interesting for me. The seller tells me that it is the original engine and it's not. What are the looking differences between an L24 and an L28 engine ? Do they have a number plate to see the difference ?

I hope the chassis of this Z is still fine after the accident. I'm wondering if the steering wheel can be center and the car runs on a straight line. I have seen the problem between the Hood and the wheels when I saw the car.

The braking and shifting issues seems to be a problem. I'm wondering how much would it cost to fix all those problems.

theguppies => How much did you sell it ? Would you buy it again today ? (I'm asking this because of the problems it have).

Thanks

A good alignment shop can tell you if the wheels were shifted in the accident.  The fact that the top of the strut is bent gar enough to interfere with the hood should lead to at least a camber change.  Camber is not adjustable on these cars without aftermarket parts.

The brake problem sounds like the front calipers need bleeding.  The fact that it hasn't been completed suggests that the calipers might have been accidentally swapped.  My car did the same thing, the pedal dropped, the light came on, and only the rear brakes actuated.  Easily fixed though when you know what the problem is.

The wheel can be easily centered, via several means.

See the link from K-TeeZ, above, there's a picture showing where the stamp is that  shows engine size, on the side of the block.

L24 or L28.PNG

On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 0:32 PM, Arny said:

Woow that's amazing to have found one of the previous owner here ! Thank you very much !

Those informations are very interesting for me. The seller tells me that it is the original engine and it's not. What are the looking differences between an L24 and an L28 engine ? Do they have a number plate to see the difference ?

I hope the chassis of this Z is still fine after the accident. I'm wondering if the steering wheel can be center and the car runs on a straight line. I have seen the problem between the Hood and the wheels when I saw the car.

The braking and shifting issues seems to be a problem. I'm wondering how much would it cost to fix all those problems.

theguppies => How much did you sell it ? Would you buy it again today ? (I'm asking this because of the problems it have).

Thanks

My 2 cents

If cost is already your concern you should probably find yourself another classic. Time is what these cars need and as far as money goes it just depends on how much you are willing to spend and what sort of car do you want to end up with. But if cost is your main concern at this point you will quickly suffer from a bad case of BUYERS REMORSE within a year. They are not expensive but they can quickly grow to be. A chassis issue alone can be quite expensive if you can get someone to do it right but it as well as anything else can be fixed. I bought mine in California and had it shipped back to Florida because COST WAS NOT A CONCERN. l am not wealthy nor have I ever been but I wanted the car. As anyone here will tell you everything about these cars can be fixed. If you want the car first find a frame straightening shop and get advice there. If they can correct any chassis issues then you can go from there, engine, suspension, brakes etc, etc. Even if it was given to you to get it right will cost a few euros. Good luck!

To Esmit208's point, I am an old guy at 54 years old and have fallen in love with these cars since I was 15 years old.  I am on my third one now.  The other two were money pits in every since of the word.  My first was only 6 years old and certainly went to the scrap yard shortly after I sold it.  My point is I was an experienced buyer. My most recent was a near flawless car with 60k miles on it. I spent countless hours bringing it back. All new struts, front bushings, brakes, master cyl, tie rods, ball joints, fluids, cooling, tires, carpet, hoses, belt, light switches, etc. All of these things needed to be done and were no surprise to me. Old cars need a lot of love and patience. Some parts can be bought from rock auto or your local auto parts store but some require a lot of luck. Just know what you are getting in to before you pull the trigger.

• 3 weeks later...

There was too much things to fix on this car and the price was way too high so I'm still looking for another 240z.

Here is another 240z, it seems to look good but I don't have many informations about it for the moment.

Maybe the previous owner is still around here.

What do you think about it ?

It needs at least factory seats and gauges IMO.

100.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

104.jpg

108.jpg

110.jpg

Amy glad you are still on the hunt. Maybe I missed it, but can you tell us how you plan to use the car?  The orange one has been taken in a direction to fulfill the dreams of a particular persons taste.  Does this look appeal to you?  Do you prefer stock?  How much do you want to work on the car?  Is it intended to be a daily driver.  

We can look at any Z and comment on condition and parts and fitment,etc.  However, without knowing a bit about you, we cannot make a good match for you and your desires and wants. The car should fit the driver, and the driver should fit the car. 

Good question Zedyone_kenobi

I already have a daily drive and a track car which is highly modified.

I'm looking for a light to medium modified 240Z. I like when they have front lip, rear spoiler, Watanabe wheels, engine can be modified too but without too much modifications (like a turbo).

I want it for cruising or sporty trip.

For example, I like the look of the orange one but I don't like the sport seats (I would prefer original or classic sport seats) or the modified gauges that looks too new for me.

I'm more looking for an advice on the condition of the car and the parts that it has on it.