IGNORED

Black Dragon Closing

Jeff G 78

4 hours ago, S30Driver said:

I'll just wait for the Captain's ocd to kick in and he will machine a trick jig to form the curve.  LOL   Maybe he will share it like a tool rental program.

Haha! It's only funny because it's true. You would be quite welcome to anything come up with, but it could be a significant wait.

Current projects in my shop are stainless brake booster guts (done awaiting reassembly) and some more shift knob stuff. I just finished a full set of LED dash bulbs and a PWM dimmer for the guy who bought all my research parts and helped with the testing and brightness studies.

I've got a couple ECU's open on the operating table hooked up to life support just for fun and adventure. Those got pushed to the edge of the table to make room for the shift knob stuff... It's never ending.

Sorry, I'm rambling. If only there was some money in some of this stuff!   :)

20 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Haha! Seek help.

I got my order today as well and everything seems to be mostly in order. Only issue I have is that I bought rubber squeegee window "dew wipes" and the little black plastic ends were laying loose in the bags. They just need to be glued back on. Not a big deal. Especially for the price.

Be careful installing the "window squeegees", they are flimsy. I  ordered one to test it out because it was so much cheaper than MSA. By the time I was done installing it there were little dimples in the metal. The metal used is very soft, And you have to tap them on. I used rubber mallets, 1x2 pieces of wood laid lengthwise and still was able to dimple the metal. Wasn't happy at all. But everything else I ever got from them was great. 

On 10/11/2016 at 9:46 AM, 9teen7t240z said:

Thanks for the support and wishes, Mike. It has been a pleasurable venture and I've made a lot of new friends through the process. I'll post a notification of my "farewell tour" later today:)

Hopefully Patcon will be able to use the service before it closes down.

Mike

Mike,

Sorry I wasn't able to use your chrome services either. I still want to get my plastic pieces chromed, but I haven't finished dismantling my car yet. :(

Robert S.

My first two orders from BD arrived this week. My orders consisted mostly of seals, small rubber parts, door handles, and lense covers. As previously warned, I couldn't help myself and made one more pass through the catalog today. Most of the items have been sold, but I still managed to spend another $280! :) That puts my grand total to nearly $600 for the 3 orders. So, everything in the first two orders arrived safely, except a pair of front turn lenses were cracked. I called BD and they refunded the money. Thankfully I ordered two pairs, so I still have a good pair. Today when I placed my order I called ahead to ensure they were still in stock. The lady said it's been busier than it's been the past 6 months! Anyway, these parts will help towards the restore of my car. :)

Robert S.

IMAG1198.jpg

IMAG1204_1.jpg

My last order from BD arrived today. I bought the quarter window seals, external voltage regulator, oil pump, complete wheel bearings set, and a few odd pieces. The whole set of wheel bearings was around $155 and a lot less than the complete set from MSA. I wish that I would have bought more the first time around before things sold out, but I'm happy to add more new parts to the collection. :)

Robert S. 

IMAG1225.jpg