IGNORED

[2016] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

17 hours ago, Diseazd said:

Installed the Futofab rear sway bar in my white 1970 Z! 

image.jpeg

Guy does this sway bar require drilling holes in the body floorboards?  I have a sway bar that required it, and really don't like the idea of drilling holes in the body.

No Mike no drilling holes in the floor boards....just a 3/8 inch hole in the lip (over hang) of the rear suspension cross member. I used a 9 inch extension on my drill so I could drill the hole without taking anything apart or removing the big suspension bolt or the other two small bolts....that's it....the whole job literally takes no more than an hour to hour and a half. Here's a pic from underneath...,you can see that I put the bolt through facing up instead of hanging down like in the instructions. Really ingenious way to get a nice rear bar without destructing anything! Look closely and you'll see the silver head of the bolt .......that's it....everything else just bolts up (all provided in the kit).

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I swapped out my broke d*** t5 for a good used t5 . I can now shift 1st to 2nd like I meant it. Then I just drove around like a happy camper ! Engine is running so good right now and the Mikunis are asking for bigger jets- so I better get on it.  :-0

• Mike locked this topic