IGNORED

Jamaican 240Z Restoration

Jamaican_Z_Lover

Finally getting some movement on the restoration of my S30 after months of being broke. The only comfort is that my car is in Jamaica while I am working in Barbados so the distance keeps me from getting frustrated.

This was the day my friend went to pick it up from the previous owner who was restoring it but had some health challenges and decided to sell it. Circumstances were not ideal but lucky me.

This was months after purchasing the car and I still had not been to Jamaica to see it. This was taken by another friend while the mechanic checked on the condition of the parts provided.

photo5_zps57237bd7.jpg

The plan is to keep the matching L24 and upgrade things to make it more roadworthy. I was lucky enough to have a friend donate two (2) Mikuni 44 PHH's he found in a storeroom from his father's S30 and I got 2 more at a steal of a price. So now I have four 44 PHH's so I guess 1 will be spare. These will be restored at some point in the future and a Harada Shokai manifold purchased for them.

Photo4-18-1455957PM_zps6ef2bd4c.jpg

But I will be using the 3 screw SUs to get her started and on the road. Thanks to Bruce for his advice and parts.

SU_zps2ada24e7.jpg

And this is the last pic I received from the mechanic. Matching L24 should be going back in in the coming days. You know who is dying to go back home now.

Engine_zpsf31627f1.jpg

• Like 2

Yes. Very different horn culture. If you used your horn in the states like they do in Barbados, I can guarantee many many finger salutes though the course of your daily commute!

I unfortunately wasn't in Barbados long enough to decipher the differences between greetings, gratitude and anger. I just remember lots of beeping and being overwhelmed with the frequency. I'm assuming (hoping?) that the beeps directed at my taxi driver were the friendly kind. At least most of them...  :)