gira

Bfg Scca Majors

Hey Folks,

Just a quick note that we're preparing the  2013 National Championship EProd car for its last season of full blown competition before it gets relegated to the Vintage ranks. Our racing starts up hard in January in Florida, so anyone down here at the time please make sure to come out. January 9 weekend at Homestead and the following weekend in Sebring. This year is special in that the SCCA has announced the National Championship Runoffs to be in Daytona. So, that's a first for this Florida boy that that particular race is within 3 days driving. We'll have a huge contingent in 2015 at Daytona including my brother who won the STL National Championship at Laguna Seca this year!

Special thanks to Silvermine and John Washington with Ztrix for their help. Funny enough, I offered Arizona Z some free advertising on the car and he wasn't interested. Oh well....

All the best!

Greg Ira

post-8031-0-04068900-1419006299_thumb.jp

post-8031-0-97558600-1419006315_thumb.jp

post-8031-0-91631800-1419006365_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Hey Greg, I will be in Daytona for the Rolex 24.  Will you be anywhere close ?  I owe you a handshake for the help you have been to me.

Hey Greg, I will be in Daytona for the Rolex 24.  Will you be anywhere close ?  I owe you a handshake for the help you have been to me.

Yeah, hey! No problem. We'll be there. First motorhome drivers left trackside at exit of T3, East Horseshoe.

Come on by! We always have a fire and a great time!

Greg

Not sure on the rules for this: http://www.willallracing.com.au/gtrbrakes.htm

Could be interesting..... "Yes sir Mr Tech. THAT is my leaky windshield washer." :)

A turbo with the compressor only blowing through an intercooler then on to the brake rotors may be another trick for extra cooling.

Wow, super cool idea, no pun intended. We'd get hammered by the officials with that set up. If I raced the GTR, I would definitely have that set up.

Greg

Classic Z'ers,

We had a pretty good weekend overall. This was a double race weekend. After putting the car on pole with a 1:29.1 we broke a CV axle during the race with a 26 second lead. After installing my old Datsun U-joint axles, we won handily on Sunday and actually set a new track record. I'd like to thank my sponsors for helping me out and we look forward to going to Sebring this weekend.

ZTrix.com

Silvermine

Hoosier

Summit racing

Nissan

Carbotech Racing Brakes

Greg Ira

post-8031-0-73757100-1421245500_thumb.jp

post-8031-0-85329700-1421245548_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Greg. It was nice to see you at Laguna Seca. Say, why would you want to even use CV joints? I've always used stock u-joints (over 20 years) with never a failure. Just curious.

We had a great weekend at Sebring SCCA Double Majors and the crew had everything to do with it. We started off by having intermittent ignition failure. It would work or not, with no real reason why. I run the Electromotive crank fire ignition and we traced the problem down to a Jacobs box that's job is to provide a clean constant voltage to the ignition itself. It was an old part and since we now are using a Lithium battery to provide power, it's no longer needed. We re-wired the system and it worked fine.

We ended up winning both races with quite a charge from VanSteenburg's Porsche 944 S2. VanSteenburg started from pole on Saturday. I set fast lap during that race and started from pole on Sunday. My engine is a little tired and will need a re-fresh before the next race which will either be a NOLA, Road Atlanta, or VIR.

Thanks for listening.

Cheers,

Greg Ira

• Like 2

Folks,

It's been awhile since I've posted and thought I'd fill you racing enthusiasts in on what we've achieved so far. Since the January Majors races in Florida I've done quite a bit of tweaking to the car. The engine that was in the car definitely was having some problems. In the 2.4 trim, which I expect to run at the September National Championship race in Daytona, we broke the track record by 2 seconds in a recent regional race. Granted we really haven't been to Daytona with this level of equipment since 2009, where we had the old lap record. Now we are solidly in the 2:04 range, which is an above 100mph average. When the rest of the E Production guys come to Daytona in September, I expect that record to fall again. I suppose in a good draft, the BMW's and the Prelude will be in the 2:03 range somewhere.

We have reliability and track experience on our side for the upcoming race, although the track is very easy to learn quickly. I test for the last time in August, then will do a final preparation to the car for the Runoffs.

I expect to see some of you guys come out. It should be a great race!

All the best,

Greg Ira

• Like 1