IGNORED

[2013] What did you do to/with your Z today?

Arne

I joined up with Z Atlanta to go on a drive up to the North Georgia Mountains. Even with the worn out suspension, it was a blast. The guys behind me enjoyed watching the old Z navigating the twisting roads. I did leave early, though. I'm far too out of shape to be driving on curvy roads for very long without power steering.

I posted one video of the drive to my blog already, and I'll post others later. Z Atlanta Fall Mountain Run ? October 2013 | Steve's CARtography

Enjoy.

My Z turns 38 this month 11/75. Not sure of the official date so she gets the whole month of November. I have had her since 3/76.

I entered some images of her in out tri-state photographers convention, here they are.

post-13827-1415082644476_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150826443904_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150826444483_thumb.jpg

Last days a got my 4 speed trans replaced by a 5 speed close ratio trans

and the r180 diff replaced by an r200 3.9 and new tokico illuminas and tokico springs. To bad its winter now and i have to wait 5 month for a test drive: (

• 2 weeks later...

What a difference a tune-up makes. Points were shot, guess my crappy old condenser killed the old ones after only 6 months. New condenser and/or cleaning the rotor and cap contacts last week made a big difference but it still wasn't right. Dwell was 44 deg. So put in some new Nissan points, set dwell to 36 deg. Timing was about 10 deg at 1000 rpm, set it to 15 at 1000 and took a drive. Huge difference. Accidentally burned some rubber, not easy with stockish motor, AT, and sticky Falkens. Way better at all speeds. Might be pinging a little on the hill, wish CA had 93 octane.

Only bummer, read the manual twice, but couldn't figure how to make the digital dial-back feature on the Innovate light work. Maybe someday.

• 3 weeks later...