IGNORED

Rating the factory 240Z fuel vent hoses

I know I'm eventually going to have to go there. Thanks for the reference. Guys like you who document what you've done seen and found are what make the Internet and forums like this so incredibly valuable. THANK YOU!

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

2014 update: These hoses are all getting very scarce. In the order that Arne originally listed the four hoses:

MSA currently stocks 17239-E4601 for $37.08 (their part number is 11-3263). This hose can also be sourced from Banzai, I believe, and Courtesy currently shows one available that I'm in the process of trying to purchase.

I have been unsuccessful in finding 17235-E4601 (which is the important one) or 17238-E4602.

17236-E4601 shows up in one or two places for $90-$100 but in actuality I believe it's NLA. However, I did find 14mm ID hose which can be purchased by the meter from www.AutohausAZ.com, p/n N203711. It's currently selling for $8.83/meter and it's even cloth braided like our original hose. So I think that's taken care of. I think 14mm is the correct ID for this hose and it would fit better than 1/2" ID hose which is closer to 12mm.

I'm pretty well stymied on finding 17235-E4601 or 17238-E4602, though. Anyone had any luck recently?

Edited by bacarl

For 17238-E4602 I think I'm going to use 2 feet of McMaster Carr p/n 5282K69 (3/4" ID petroleum hose - Use with diesel fuel, fuel oil, gasoline with up to 15% ethanol, and hydraulic oil).

I haven't seen any mention of the small diameter hose coming off the top of the vent tank, except for in Blues photos. Does that one typically need replacing too? Where does it go to?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Would it be easier to push the hoses through their grommets then hook them to the fuel tank 1st. Snug the fuel tank up, then attach the hoses to the vent tank? I'm trying to work out a plan in my head and that's the best way I can figure out???

Thanks for any past experiences.

Cliff - that is exactly the process I used for my install.  Also - lube the filler neck a bit to make it easier to slide into the plastic tube as you raise the tank.

Jim

Phooey - just realized I am responding to an old post.

Edited by jfa.series1

• Mike pinned, unpinned and featured this topic