IGNORED

Splash Pan

taikaki

Thanks for Quick replies @ AZ-240Z and webmanic 70 .

I have the splash pan for the late model with the hole. I didn´t know that there are different styles.

Thanks for the pictures. So I have to find a new splash pan.

Thanks for help

Thomas

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

May as well add to the confusion. I owned an original 1971 240Z, production date 10/70. This was a Canadian market car and came with a splash pan that was definitely spary painted from the factory. Still had the manufacturing stickers over a thin coat of what looked to be a matte finish black paint. My 1968 Canadian spec 510 had the same style of splash pan and it was painted the same color.

Funny thing was... I was a Datsun/Nissan Partsman for 17 1/2 years from the mid 1970's to the early 1990's, and I can't remember ever selling a splash pan for the early Z's and 510's. Everyone just seemed to throw them away...

Of course, it could also mean that I'm just getting Senile and can't remember Isht !!

In later years, particularity the later 70's and all through the 80's and 90's, Parts specifications for Canadian and USA production markets were often different.

Electrical wiring connectors on exterior Lamps and body harnesses were of a different configuration than USA cars. IE:  Canada would get a type of sealed terminal ( similar to Weatherpak ), where a California car would get a non-sealed terminal or one of a different configuration. Engine components were different, even as far as Pistons and camshaft specifications. Some of the weirdest things were different, such as Windshield wiper blade assemblies and even drive-shaft U-Joints on the 720 series of trucks. California models got a smaller U-Joint than Canadian models. Generally Canada got HD everything and usually Japanese or Euro spec on motors through to the mid 1990's. 

• 3 years later...
On 10/1/2003 at 1:53 PM, Carl Beck said:

Hi Guys:

The picture I have can be seen at:

http://ZHome.com/History/240ZSplashPan1.jpg

At least on my monitor the color is pretty close to the actual item - of course your monitors might display it differently...

regards,

Carl

Carl Beck

Clearwater, FL USA

http://ZHome.com

Here's a good shot Mr Beck.

1.jpg

Thanks @240260280

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...