IGNORED

What Would You Do? Long lost HLS30-07631

73str86

• 4 weeks later...

A little news.

The L24 is seized. I pulled the Champion plugs in order to spray the cylinders with Marvel Mystery Oil.

At first the plugs looked pretty good, but #4 and #6 snapped in half unfortunately.

Now I need some advice. I'm sure some spark plug particles fell in the cylinders. And if I try to remove what's stuck in the threads, more pieces will fall inside.

I suppose the only next step would just be complete engine disassembly/inspection, but obviously I will leave that to the next owner and most likely sell it with seized, matching numbers L24.

Any more advice would be appreciated.

20230809_153750.jpg

20230809_153810.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I believe I'd stop the polishing and sale it as is. That engine bay looks like peanut brittle, most likely the interior too. GLWS

Most of the engine bay plastic is peanut brittle. But the interior isn't half bad besides the floors, with a crack free dash.