IGNORED

What Would You Do? Long lost HLS30-07631

73str86

On 6/14/2023 at 7:04 PM, 87mj said:

I got the car restored by a POS body guy. 

POS? Positive?  AH!!! Piece of Sh*t! 😂   Hahaha...

I had a painter of that kind gave him money for the paint so he could buy the paint, never seen some.. then his POS girlfriend broke my 400 euro windscreen.. (stored at theire home)  they said i never brought it to them.. they had never seen it! (It's in my log. i recorded the exact day i brought the screen!)  then i cleaned the dash that he took out of the car very well.. and it came back like a turd, completly white from new plastering they were doing in theire home.. 👿 

looked for a pic but can't find it.. anyway it was covered in white powder and spiderwebs.. some people..pfff...

1 hour ago, dutchzcarguy said:

POS? Positive?  AH!!! Piece of Sh*t! 😂   Hahaha...

I had a painter of that kind gave him money for the paint so he could buy the paint, never seen some.. then his POS girlfriend broke my 400 euro windscreen.. (stored at theire home)  they said i never brought it to them.. they had never seen it! (It's in my log. i recorded the exact day i brought the screen!)  then i cleaned the dash that he took out of the car very well.. and it came back like a turd, completly white from new plastering they were doing in theire home.. 👿 

looked for a pic but can't find it.. anyway it was covered in white powder and spiderwebs.. some people..pfff...

My POS body guy gave my car back to me with very straight body lines. But the paint looked like it needed sanding so I had a friend do it.  But when he started, he sanded color.  Then he offered to repaint it.  His paint job looked great.  Unfortunately, after I started putting the car back together, I became suspicious about the rear quarters when I put a set of old rims on the car. The wheel offset was off. I got a tape measure out and it was all screwed up.  The underneath looked bad too.  I couldnt understand why.  It wasnt in that bad of shape when I gave it to him.  But I had to live with it because shortly after I picked up the car, he blew his head off.  So now I am paying a shop to undo his work.  Then do it correctly.  They will have had the car for about 6-7 months.  I think I will get it back in a couple weeks.

• Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

It can be saved, but you will have to cut up half the car, a good body guy with patience can do it.

The rear wheel arches have been modified wrongly before, look closely, the lines are all wrong.

You will find horror on that body ones you strip it down, if you ever want to.

It's a low vin worth saving, it's not like you start finding these everyday

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, 73str86 said:

OEM fan belt found in storage compartment behind driver's seat.20230618_155011.jpg

I did a double take when I saw this pic, I've always kept a spare belt in the same spot in my 7/70, #6521, owned since 1978. Here's a pic of mine from about 10 years ago....

photo-1.JPG

Edited by CanTechZ
  • Like 1