IGNORED

BRE IMPROVED 240Z

SpeedRoo

As an owner of a 1970 240Z with many original BRE parts fitted to it back in period by the original owner, I wondered how many other 240Z are out there so equipped. I found parts were sold by both BRE and later Interpart from 1972, covering every aspect of the 240Z from body to suspension and the engine as well. Seems everything from improved road performance to all out racer were catered for. There was a 1971 240Z on BAT recently that had lots of the original upgrades: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-datsun-240z-177/

1620244365d208495dIMG_8469-scaled.jpg?fi

001_zpsd55df097.jpg

BRE AD 1.jpg

Edited by SpeedRoo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SpeedRoo said:

As an owner of a 1970 240Z with many original BRE parts fitted to it back in period by the original owner, I wondered how many other 240Z are out there so equipped. I found parts were sold by both BRE and later Interpart from 1972, covering every aspect of the 240Z from body to suspension and the engine as well. Seems everything from improved road performance to all out racer were catered for. There was a 1971 240Z on BAT recently that had lots of the original upgrades: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-datsun-240z-177/

1620244365d208495dIMG_8469-scaled.jpg?fi

001_zpsd55df097.jpg

BRE AD 1.jpg

I still have the BRE "Spook" front spoiler that I put on my '71 Z in 1972.  It's no longer installed, but served well in holding down the front end at speed for many decades.  It also worked fairly well as a an unintentional snowplow when I lived in Kansas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jfa.series1 said:

The dealer had already installed the BRE 1st generation "Spook" and rear spoiler on my car when I found it on the showroom floor.  Years later the Spook was ripped off by some high water but I retrieved it and later gave it a full restoration.

SAM_2692.JPG

SAM_2690.JPG

01.jpg

22.jpg

Nice job of fixing your spoiler, Jim.  Mine broke when I hit a snow drift and split from side to side.  I was an Air Force aircraft maintenance officer at the time and took it to the shop where we fixed the fiberglass nose radomes on C-130s.  The guys got it back to looking like new and painted it with flat black aircraft radome paint that it still wears almost 50 years later. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

Has anyone here heard of Ger - Brock & Co. out of Portland OR?

Just wondering if there was any connection in the Brock name.  Geraghty - Brock?

I'm thinking probably not. There is still a Ger Brock automotive in Portland. https://gerbrock.com/ They talk about starting out at the address on the cover of that catalog you posted.

They don't mention Peter in their history.

I think Ger Brock were one of many shops that raced and prepared Z cars back in the day. I don't think they were associated with Peter Brock of BRE but seem to have their products in their catalog. If they were catering for the 280Z they were probably in business after Peter had left BRE/Interpart and gone hang gliding.

• Like 1