IGNORED

Is the Zcar Depot dead?

ensys

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from Steve (240zrubberparts.com), and have been satisfied so far.  He even went so far as to create a custom set of his engine tab rubber covers for me - his are sized for unpainted tabs, and my tabs were painted by the body shop so when I went to install his standard pieces they split along the sides.  He replaced them with a set to accommodate for the additional paint thickness that worked out fine.

• Like 2

I ordered a couple of things from Z Car Depot in July and had no issues. I have not tried calling though. I've ordered from them several times in the past and everything has always been good. I usually look at them first for ordering.

Edited by thumpgun

• 7 months later...

Sounds like another California Datsun. They started out the right way and ending up going the other way. 

Not real Datsun guys I believe. Market had a hole and they crapped in it. I can't recall the the name of that Ebay Datsun rapist that got me when I first bought online parts. His prices were outrageous but he had what I needed.

In the early days he was just a guy trying to start a business.  It was small.  Unfortunately for many small business owners they often try to get big and take on debt that has to the repaid. 

Give him a chance to respond.  He used to be active on the site.  You can find his name and comments in past posts.  @zcardepot.com

• Like 1

Contact them with a return request for what parts you are unhappy with, you should be able to return the unused ones. I just got a couple of orders and returned something I didn't need. No hassle or problems. I think most companies are having to sell whatever parts they can get. With shortages in the past couple of years they have to sell available brands or be out of stock. Some of my friends at dealerships have had to do this. I hope you can get it resolved.

• Like 2

Never had any problem with them. Placed a few orders lately and they were very quick shipping and items were exactly what I want and needed.

Covid and supply chain problems have made business very difficult for a lot of companies recently but I've never had any problems with Z Car Depot. I think it is unfair for people to unfairly malign them on this site before checking on all the facts and trying to sort the problem out privately.

Just as we don't unfairly criticize people's cars here we should probably extend the same courtesy to the vendors that help keep our cars on the road. There are less and less of them as the years roll on.

• Like 3

I have purchased many parts from Z Car Depot over the last several years. Even during covid times parts listed on website are in stock and if order is placed in the morning it is shipped that day and received within 3 days to N.C. Emails with tracking are sent and parts arrive nicely packaged. Very happy with Z Car Depot service.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1