IGNORED

AMCO Front Bumper Bar for '71 240Z

Robert Bohl

1 hour ago, bartsscooterservice said:

I would not put a roof rack on a restored z

Hahaha... the first 240z i once bought in 1991 had a hitch!  I sold it for 50 guilders haha!  It was a original Dutch delivered one and VERY crusty bottom.. I still sell parts from that car! 😉 

Haha, i felt addressed by "lange" hihi..   In Dutch "Lange" means "Tall"   sometimes people called me by shouting: "hey Tall one" In Dutch:  Hé Lange !!   haha.. 

That "soft inside" does that also apply to the girl?  🤣   (She reminds me of that ABBA woman Agnetha Fältskog!)

That's an authentic 1969 poster for Lange Ski Boots.  69 was around the time buckle ski boots were introduced; when the snow ski industry really took off.  I had a pair of Langes and metal composite skis by Head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Langes were notorious for what we called "Lange Bang". My experience with them was a long ways from soft inside! Nordica's were much more comfortable. I'd agree with the Head Vectors and Scott poles. Worked at Watson Shelter at Alta for a season back in about 1970-71, greatest snow on earth.

I also found the Langes to be painful. I also changed to Nordicas...much better. Head offered us National Ski Patrolmen a serious discount on their Jean Claude Killys celebrating his Olympic victories...great skis. Prior to them I had a pair of Harts, and before that wood Rossignols. The Heads were the best powder skis. GEEZER ALERT! Todays skis make it too easy. Anyone can ski, now which is why I don't any longer...too many people. too expensive...don't get me started on snow boarders...

Mike, I actually had a ski rack on my '73 Zed back in '75 that attached to the left side of the hatch and held two pairs if skis. 4 studded radial snow tires made the car less squirrely in the slick...it could be an adventure...

Cheers, Mike

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Pop's Z said:

Mike, I actually had a ski rack on my '73 Zed back in '75 that attached to the left side of the hatch and held two pairs if skis. 4 studded radial snow tires made the car less squirrely in the slick...it could be an adventure...

Cheers, Mike

I still have my side mount ski rack, purchased in 1979 at my local Datsun dealership. It was made by a Canadian accessory company, Candar Products, out of Montreal. Here are a couple of pics from 2017 on a club run from Vancouver to Whistler. Got more than a few thumbs up on the Sea to Sky Highway.

Cheers, from another Mike

21766548_1406321782755895_8992588490338585128_n.jpg

22095863_1406327662755307_8433345607979483195_o.jpg

• Like 2