IGNORED

Roseville CA New Member / Owner

Beautiful original looking restoration!   Safari Gold no less...

In your climate, with the carbs dialed in correctly,  I would guess it will start with no choke needed.  I assume it is warm in your area of California.

In any case, you want to use the least amount of choke and its time you can get away with.  Nothing like washing the cylinder walls with gas if its left on too long.

Hé welcome here, you have a very nice car there!

One question i got..

Why is the 5'th button, preselect button on your radio green?  Never seen that (NOT that i've seen it all hey !!! 😄)  ?

Have you found your oil leak? I have a 240z i fixed up in 2000 and never leaked oil, i think it's very possible to have a 240z thats bone dry under it..

Most carbs have accelerator pumps that squirt an extra bit of gas to enrich the mixture when one pushes on the gas pedal. Round top SUs don't have an accelerator pump as Charles stated. Try starting it without the choke and if it doesn't start right away gradually give it more choke until it fires.

• Like 1

dutch come on man, that's the AWESOME button! 🙂  The guy i bought it from mentioned the radio was shot, probably just an old button he had laying around.  I'm also missing the button on the hazard switch and it doesn't work.

Mark I'll try that next time i can get her started.  It's going to be another rainy day out here 😞 I noticed there's a summer winter valve on the air intake.  i downloaded the manual, says over under 60F to use that.  Any opinions on where that stands?

1 hour ago, Richie G said:

I noticed there's a summer winter valve on the air intake.  i downloaded the manual, says over under 60F to use that.  Any opinions on where that stands?

The summer/winter valve directs warm air from the exhaust manifold heat riser when selected for winter to prevent icing in the carburetor throats, blocks that off and directs cooler air from the front when selected for summer.

Edited by Racer X
  • Like 1