IGNORED

Why this forum is unique

Av8ferg

a milling machine is NICE to have. My goal is to eventually get a 2 post lift and a shop to work in. the older I get the less I like working on my back. As far as the "hobby" yes it is and its great to take you mind off other troubles in life. I have had several hobbies (RC aircraft/Vintage electronics/Cars/Construction) all done out of passion to learn and not be afraid of failure.

• Like 1

@Dave WM

Yep, I love having it (and a lathe, too!).  They've made a huge difference in what I can get done.  Problem now is I have a hard time just grabbing a drill to make holes in a plate, when I can do it so much more precisely.

My best wishes to you for getting both soon! I have dreamed of a lift myself.

This forum also has a laid back, bunch of buddies hanging around talking about their favorite car sort of feeling. It's like a Z lover's watering hole. The regulars seem to know each other,  and we newbies come in learning from the tried and true experts. Also, there's several informal threads such as this one, the "z's only a mother could love" one, and the "Saturday Music" one as well, to name a few. I'm not sure how many car forum websites are like this - whether it's common, or relatively rare. 

Either way, that's what makes this forum unique to me. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I went to ZCON in Memphis Tennessee in 2015? and finally met and hung out with these guys. That was the beginning of a completely new relationship. We are from all over the map but have the same attitude and compassion for the Datsuns. It was life changing for me to be around such a group. Forever friends I can say without a doubt. Sorta makes biker gangs understandable to me, personally. I'd do anything for my Z friends and they would, and do, for me.

You have to go to a ZCON. :love:

I bet that is real great! It's neat how a car brings people together just the same as music. You like CCR? I like you. You like a z? I like you, too. 

Looks like this year's is in Colorado which is a long way from home for me. Maybe I could make it, but there's always the next years. 

• Like 1

I'm 4 hours deeper into the humidity here. You get used to it like snow at your place I guess but no matter how humid it is I've never walked outside and not been able to see my car. We don't have to shovel it either. LOL

Oh yeah, I have a dehumidifier in my garage with a 2 gallon tank. My washer and dryer are down there too. I can fill up my washer from the dehumidifier once a week by dumping the tank in there. I'm a conservationist! (tight wad)

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1