IGNORED

240ZBUILTBYME 1971 240z HS-001063 Project Sheena

240ZBUILTBYME

HI Ryan!  You say: I never suffered such pain..  I know what you mean.. My mother left us .. just half an hour after i heared that I had successfully completed my education, which i worked hard for.. (i really went from high up to the lowest deepest pit..)

So.. my condolences to you.

Nice to hear that you are working on your car again!   Do you still have the 280zx and what are you going to do with it?  But first that 240 ofcourse!!  We want to see your progress! (But finish first your house and stuff..)

Mart

Edited by dutchzcarguy
  • Thanks 1

Wow! Nice dash!  If you get everything else as good as that t's gonna be a gem that 240z of yours! 😉  

Yes, it's nice to have a 280zx while your working on a 240z.. i had the opposit these last years, worked on the 280zx and drove the 240z to and from the painter and when i needed parts and all other shopping..

8 hours ago, 240ZBUILTBYME said:

Can’t wait to be able to shift my own gears though, the auto box is horrendous. 

Maybe you can look around for a Fs5w71b gearbox for your 280zx? I don't know but maybe the diff is usable from the auto? Then you need only some parts for in the car around the gearbox..

8 hours ago, 240ZBUILTBYME said:

I’m in love with the zx,

Yeah, once you have driven a 280zx then you know how nice they run!  A 240 is nimble, something a 280zx is not but it drives very nice.. a 280zx is more of a GT than a sportscar.. i like that a lot.

Hi Ryan,

So very sorry to hear about your Mum and I can sympathise completely with your situation. Unfortunately last year I had a very similar situation: On May 1st 2021 my Mum (who was my Dad's carer) fell over and hit her head very hard against a wall causing a big brain bleed. This lead to an extremely rapid onset of vascular dementia (they said the head injury "uncovered" the underlying dementia) and she died on November 14th. It was a truly dreadful time and experience. When my Dad called me to tell me of my Mum's initial fall I was in the garage preparing to put a new chassis rail on - the car has just sat in exactly the same state as I left it then until now but I think I'm about ready to get back in there.

Hope this year picks up for you and looking forward to seeing your progress - it might inspire me!

Jon.

• Sad 2

On 4/27/2022 at 6:24 PM, tyroguru said:

So very sorry to hear about your Mum and I can sympathise completely with your situation. Unfortunately last year I had a very similar situation:.

Thanks Jon 

my condolences for the loss your mum Jon, I don’t think we can prepare for such a heavy loss. I had 8-9 months where I was preparing for the fact that we may lose her, not thinking negatively but being prepared for all outcomes. Still hit me like a freight train when the day came. hope too that your year brings some respite from the grief and some progress on the car. 

Ryan

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 5:51 PM, dutchzcarguy said:

Wow! Nice dash!  If you get everything else as good as that t's gonna be a gem that 240z of yours! 😉  

Yes, it's nice to have a 280zx while your working on a 240z.. i had the opposit these last years, worked on the 280zx and drove the 240z to and from the painter and when i needed parts and all other shopping..

Maybe you can look around for a Fs5w71b gearbox for your 280zx? I don't know but maybe the diff is usable from the auto? Then you need only some parts for in the car around the gearbox..

Yeah, once you have driven a 280zx then you know how nice they run!  A 240 is nimble, something a 280zx is not but it drives very nice.. a 280zx is more of a GT than a sportscar.. i like that a lot.

Haha can’t take any credit for the dash, but yes hopefully everything else comes out as nice. Though lately I’ve been trimming my expectations and reminding myself to not let perfection become the enemy of good. It will be a street car not a show car.

I actually had a Fs5w71b come with my 240z, as I have a Silvia 71C to go into the 240z I am using the 71B in the zx. Very convenient! Ive cleaned up the 71B and had my Z guy open it up to check it over and replace all seals, he says it’s a very good candidate and happy to put in without rebuilding. I have all other parts required for the conversion already.

the diff from the auto will be fine for now but gears will be a little tall. Want to upgrade the final drive for better acceleration.

no the zx is not the most nimble particularly around town but once you’re up in the canyon roads it’s so good! With the few suspension and bracing mods I’ve done I’m really impressed with how much fun it is. 

• Like 1