IGNORED

Just Another Damned Z Car Project Thread

conedodger

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so wish me luck. Today, I'm removing the linkage standoff on the firewall for the carb linkage. I had intended to leave it in case someone 30 years from now wants to go back to carbs, but the ZX Master Vac is uncomfortably close to the standoff so I decided it has to go. I searched for days for my 8mm spot weld bit and then gave up. That's when I found it! So why wish me luck? You never know what you will find behind two pieces of metal that have cuddled up for 47 years! 

On 1/11/2021 at 10:24 PM, conedodger said:

@duffymahoney, what’s the name of the machine shop that did your Jeep CAS? My machine shop guy wants to talk to your machine shop guy.

I doubt he remembers any of the details on it.  What exactly are you after?  Honestly it should be super easy for them to do.  Bring a stock dizzy with you, then tell him to make the jeep dizzy look like the stock dizzy.  That's really all I did.  I also have car at my house, so I can take measurements if needed, but again, you don't need any of that.  Just copy a stock distributor. I think you are over thinking it.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 8:55 PM, Yarb said:

Pretty sure I’ve got a 83zx dizzy if you need something to mock up. Send me a pm

Big thanks to Yarb for sending me an '83ZX Distributor to take my measurements from. My distributor which was a Datsun Comp model was traded for a batch of heat shields which I vapor blasted and made look new. Never occurred to me to take measurements so I would know where the cut needs to be made in the Jeep CAS. Thanks Yarb!

Public Service Announcement: If you buy LED lights from SuperBrightLEDs, you need  two not one license plate lights and the ones SuperBright sells will not fit in your housing. They are trying to make it right by sending me some that they say are shorter, but I'm not really confident they'll work either. The ones Superbright sells are too long and you will not be able to screw your housing back together.

5 minutes ago, conedodger said:

Big thanks to Yarb for sending me an '83ZX Distributor to take my measurements from. My distributor which was a Datsun Comp model was traded for a batch of heat shields which I vapor blasted and made look new. Never occurred to me to take measurements so I would know where the cut needs to be made in the Jeep CAS. Thanks Yarb!

I'd have sent you one back if I was home, but alas I was out state at the time you mentioned this. Glad you got one to measure.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, conedodger said:

Public Service Announcement: If you buy LED lights from SuperBrightLEDs, you need  two not one license plate lights and the ones SuperBright sells will not fit in your housing. They are trying to make it right by sending me some that they say are shorter, but I'm not really confident they'll work either. The ones Superbright sells are too long and you will not be able to screw your housing back together.

I used these for my license plate and they fit just fine.

67 LED Light Bulb - (12) SMD LED Tower - BA15S Base | Super Bright LEDs