IGNORED

Datsun 240Z chrome taillight bars

Randalla

I previously produced and sold about 120 sets out, over a five year period. I'm giving serious consideration to producing another batch, but wanted to gauge interest first, as my cost is rather steep and I don't want to get stuck with a mess of them. These are OEM quality or better, with the mold marks for left and right sides and come with install instructions and fasteners. I expect the price to be in the area of $130 a pair. Those of you who have purchased some of the first batch will hopefully vouch for the quality. Any interest?

The quality of your reproductions is unsurpassable!

I have ordered and installed several sets of them and could not be more satisfied.

I waited and asked for years for someone to make these available and you stepped up and finally did it beyond expectations.

Thanks Randy for all you do and----yes---- I'm interested!!

Thanks guys for the kind words. Steve J, I'd love to be able to offer chrome surrounds for 260 and 280Zs but I believe the tooling would be cost prohibitive. I will however, check with my supplier. A friend from Vegas and I worked together re-chroming good 260/280 cores a couple years ago, but it soon became impossible to find cores good enough to strip and re-plate. These actually turned out to be higher quality and a bit heavier than OEM, as they were electrochrome plated rather than the less expensive process.  

I would like to offer my experience to help others if they decide to go with these.

I am restoring an early car and wanted the tail lights to look new.  I bought a large batch of parts about 3 years ago so I had several pairs of tail lights to chose from but they all looked 50 years old.  I decided to buy aftermarket (jdm-car-parts.com).  When I received them, they looked like new tail lights.  When I installed them, the backing was not as strong as factory lights. The nuts broke loose in several spots and the entire back split and separated.  I contacted the vendor and their response was it didn't impact the light and since I contacted them in 28 days rather than 14 required for electrical, they would not exchange.  But keep in mind there is a gasket back there and fumes can enter the car.  So installing them correctly is critical.

The bottom line is I should have restored factory lights and bought these chrome strips rather than going after cheap aftermarket parts.  It would have been less expensive and the end product would have been better.

• Like 2

I communicated with my supplier this past week about the taillamp bars. Production is currently down, but it looks like there may be enough interest to warrant reproducing some additional sets. I'll post up when they are back on stock, but that may not be until the end of summer.

• Like 2