Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Randalla last won the day on May 16 2017

Randalla had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

44 Excellent

About Randalla

  • Rank
    Registered User


  • Map Location
  • Occupation

My Cars

  • Zcars Owned

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. May be interested in your 4 screw carbs if they are still available.
  2. I've sent multiple messages but never heard from you. My email is rlewis1957@cox.net. I can PayPal funds immediately. Phone number is 602-312-4038. Thank you. Randy
  3. Just following up to make sure you received my previous message indicating I would take your carburetors. Please message me and let me know how to Pay Pal you and what shipping will be. Thank you! Randy
  4. I'll take these if they are still available and complete as they appear to be.
  5. Looks like I'm going to be a busy boy tomorrow. I should have said that the first thing I checked were the two fuses, which appeared to be fine. I know, looks can be deceiving, so tomorrow I'll switch them both out with new, just to be sure, before pursuing the other avenues. Will also "hose" down the dimmer switch as that's also an easy check. Steve, thank you for your suggestions and reminders as well. With any luck, I'll report back with positive results tomorrow. Thanks again guys!
  6. Thanks guys for the quick response and thank you Chuck for the very through explanation. You've given me an excellent place to start. With this crazy Covid, I've got nothing but time. Very much appreciate the advice!
  7. I have a 72 240Z that has a screwed up combo switch. Need to determine if it's fixable or if I need to replace it. Blinkers work fine, left and right and front and back. I have no headlights at all on low beam. On high beam, I have a bright passenger side light and a dim driver's side light. Guidance on where to start would be much appreciated.
  8. Thanks for your order Steve. I just dropped it in the mail.
  9. If anyone's still interested in purchasing a Float-Sync, I have just 20 sets left. 30 have been sold since April. Not sure yet if I'll produce additional units or not. They're available on eBay.
  10. siteunseen's approach is a good way to more precisely check float levels. I manufacture and sell Float-Sync on eBay (pictured below) and have received excellent feedback, if you are interested. Float-Sync is the best way to calibrate float levels between two Datsun 240Z SU carburetors because you'll actually be able to see the fuel level in each bowl, even with the car running. The level of fuel in the float bowls is the first step you should take before making other fine adjustments to optimize “runability,” In my experience Float-Sync gets you to the baseline as quickly and accurately a
  11. Any way of knowing which of the two side switches might be causing the short? Not really sure I understand how the circuit works, given there are two very similar switch boxes, one on either side of the stalk. Any idea how the two function together? Is one for low and park and one for high beam?
  12. Thank you Zs-ondabrain, this is exactly what I needed! Back to work now.
  13. I ran into a similar problem recently on a car I purchased. Make sure none of your fuel hoses are too big for the metal lines they connect to. If they're not the proper size, it doesn't matter how tight you make the hose clamps you will not get good enough suction to fill your float bowls. They should be hard to push on. If they are not there is a pretty good chance they are too large a diameter.
  14. I got brave today and took my headlight switch apart to clean up the contacts, as the switch was working sporadically. Everything went great till I realized I had an extra part left once it was all put back together. The part is a very small plastic bushing that apparently keeps metal parts from shorting against each other. I believe there is a total of 3 of these in the whole mechanism. I have no question where two of them go (they hold down and isolate the two headlight switches from the contact for the wiper washer. I guess the third one fell out when I was disassembling it and I did not se
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.