IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

Morgues in NYC getting full.  I'm not sure how the comparison to the common flu fits in here.  Maybe it's the time factor.  I've never heard of morgues filling because of the common flu.  Maybe they do, but it's normal.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/25/dhs-briefing-nyc-morgues-near-capacity-148259

20 hours ago, Zed Head said:

They changed their minds.  It wasn't really that promising anyway and the PR look was terrible.  But the urge was till there for them.  Make that money, any way possible.

https://theintercept.com/2020/03/25/gilead-sciences-coronavirus-drug/

Another White House virus briefing coming up soon.  I'm betting that Trump will call it the Wu Tang virus.  Diversify your bonds...

People in the room now.  Any minute.

It's on...

The usual rambling.

Nothing new.  The campaign speech will start soon.  Not worth watching anymore.

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

MSNBC and some NPR stations are no longer carrying Trump's "press conferences" because of the confusing and inaccurate statements that he makes.  They make it clear in their announcements that they do not want to confuse and misinform the public, and will cover the accurate and helpful information that is presented.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/coronavirus-donald-trump-nor-station-kuow-1202892198/

This is the first president in our history who is so out of touch with reality and unwilling to listen to his experts that his press conferences are not covered by some broadcast media. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I've realized something in the past few days. People who have very strong controlling personalities aren't doing too well during this and I'm laughing my arse off.

Yeah, looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

I gotta stay away from this thread. I think I've made what points I can. The big T mismanaged this badly and lied to us about it. He's in over his head, I think any of the other choices are better suited for the position. Other people might actually listen to the people around them who know what they're talking about. Nothing is ever perfect, but I think any of the other choices are better than what we have right now. Even if I have to just leave that spot blank. Because I just cant.

In the meantime, I should focus on helping those that I can. Here and elsewhere. It's healthier. 

My kid told me today that he'd rather be poor and deal with a questionable economy than have me and/or his mom dead. Maybe he's in the minority, but that was nice to hear.

• Like 4

Oh yeah. One other thing. Fantastic timing. I got no less than FOUR emails today from the big T's today. For example:

(State your name),

We've got some big news to share.

The President is putting together a team made up of only his MOST RELIABLE supporters, and he specifically asked that we reach out to YOU about joining as an Official Trump Team Leader.

Trump Team Leaders will help President Trump WIN BIG in November and he really wants YOU on the team.

You've always been one of the President's most loyal and trusted supporters since the very beginning so he's counting on YOU to step up.

Are you up for the challenge, (State your name)?

And then there are a whole bunch of buttons I can click to donate back to him. You know... send some of the stimulus money right back to him? Not this time...

• Like 1

The first couple of verses of Pink Floyd's "On The Turning Away" have stuck with me through the years and mean more now than ever before. Whenever I feel overwhelmed by the sadness and suffering we deal with as volunteers, I listen to this.

On the turning away from the pale and downtrodden and the words they say which we won't understand.

Don't accept that's what happening is just a case of other's suffering or you'll find you're joining in the turning away.

It's a sin that somehow light is changing to shadow and casting it's shroud over all we have known.

Unaware how the ranks have grown, driven on by a heart of stone,

we could find that we're all alone in the dream of the proud.

• Like 1

Just had to say something.  I thought we were about our Classiczcars, not a forum for  political biases!  

Difficult these days to speak about anything without referring to the people in charge / politicians. Especially when they perform below expectation of their position, they attract opinions. If Trump or Boris haven’t performed or lied or mislead, then that is just stating the facts I guess and part of the discussion.

Much like the boobs thread, which I don’t look at, with forums it’s as much a case of if you don’t like the topic, save yourself from it by passing over and reading another thread.

The thing I most like about this thread is hearing differing views from members in varying countries and learning more about who they are and what they think beyond “what do I do with this car problem”. I like the fact that some views challenge mine and make me see / think of it from another angle - how ever much I may disagree with them.

I do find that email posted above particularly gobsmacking in the current climate; to try to turn the virus / world affecting issue to your political advantage. But it is symptomatic of how broken politics, elected officials and their parties are - not just in the US but everywhere else too.

• Like 3