IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

My biggest beef is that a lot of the pain we are feeling right now is self inflicted.  We missed the opportunity to take action when we had the warning signs. Pennsylvania just instituted a state-wide "shelter in place" order last night. So I couldn't drive my Z right now even if I wanted to.

So while that ship has sailed, the captain of that ship ignored the signs of the storm because he thought he could navigate around it somehow. He was wrong. It shows really poor judgment. Bad decisions. NIMBY. Poor judgment. I just can't ignore this one.

It's too late to change the vertical rise in the curve, but we had our chance. Not only did we not take it seriously from the top, but we were mislead. They downplayed the whole thing. I was watching a clip on youtube where my news anchors on "F" were side by side with themselves from a couple weeks ago. A couple weeks ago they were downplaying the whole thing and making fun of the hair-on-fire broadcasters on the the other stations because they thought the other news agencies were over-blowing the whole thing. It was funny at the time because it seemed like the other stations were over-reacting. Well guess what... They were not over-reacting and we lost valuable time. So clearly I've lost a lot of faith in my news station as well.

Ten weeks after we SHOULD have been taking it seriously - “It’s very mild. I’m not concerned at all. It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."  Not concerned until the stock market tanked. Pulse of wealth instead of pulse of health.

Like I said before, I've been red since day one but I've lost a lot of faith. Head in the sand poor decisions leading up to this point, they lied to us, and I've about had it. So when you say "it’s not worth bickering over now. That ship has sailed." You're right. But I don't think the captain deserves a reward for the job he's done. I think we need a change there.

We seem to be taking it serious now, but we missed the opportunity to take it seriously then.  The people who ignored and downplayed this whole thing are why we are in the position we are in right now.

• Like 3

Well said. They're still down playing it and will continue down playing it because in this struggle of health vs wealth , the wealthy are in charge. The 2-3 month delay is the same thing that occured in the 1918 pandemic. "Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it".  Evidently "HE" doesn't know history, substantiated by his statement that "nothing like this has happened to us before".

• Like 1

We go on a State wide lock down as early as tomorrow. How long who knows.

Don't know if I will be able to take the Z out until maybe Fall. $100 fine if I get caught it sounds like now.

I really do feel sorry for small business owners. I do think a great many of them will not survive this.

Then there are the workers that are employed by them. Even medium to larger businesses are in the same boat.

But I don't think the captain deserves a reward for the job he's done. I think we need a change there.

Understood..all the options are pathetic. POTUS made mistakes but let’s not think Biden would be any better. The guy is literately showing early signs of dementia. He’s calling guys out in events to fight in the parking lot....We are screwed either way. Bernie is not even an option, the Dems have already coordinated together to put a nail in that coffin. They don’t what him...he’s not a sell out like their guy now.
Is this all America has to offer? Where is the honorable, courageous person to lead America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

My biggest beef is that a lot of the pain we are feeling right now is self inflicted.  We missed the opportunity to take action when we had the warning signs. Pennsylvania just instituted a state-wide "shelter in place" order last night. So I couldn't drive my Z right now even if I wanted to.

So while that ship has sailed, the captain of that ship ignored the signs of the storm because he thought he could navigate around it somehow. He was wrong. It shows really poor judgment. Bad decisions. NIMBY. Poor judgment. I just can't ignore this one.

It's too late to change the vertical rise in the curve, but we had our chance. Not only did we not take it seriously from the top, but we were mislead. They downplayed the whole thing. I was watching a clip on youtube where my news anchors on "F" were side by side with themselves from a couple weeks ago. A couple weeks ago they were downplaying the whole thing and making fun of the hair-on-fire broadcasters on the the other stations because they thought the other news agencies were over-blowing the whole thing. It was funny at the time because it seemed like the other stations were over-reacting. Well guess what... They were not over-reacting and we lost valuable time. So clearly I've lost a lot of faith in my news station as well.

Ten weeks after we SHOULD have been taking it seriously - “It’s very mild. I’m not concerned at all. It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."  Not concerned until the stock market tanked. Pulse of wealth instead of pulse of health.

Like I said before, I've been red since day one but I've lost a lot of faith. Head in the sand poor decisions leading up to this point, they lied to us, and I've about had it. So when you say "it’s not worth bickering over now. That ship has sailed." You're right. But I don't think the captain deserves a reward for the job he's done. I think we need a change there.

We seem to be taking it serious now, but we missed the opportunity to take it seriously then.  The people who ignored and downplayed this whole thing are why we are in the position we are in right now.

I have a little grace for some of our leaders. They have experts around them that give them advise and they have a meeting before they ever go to the podium. There is a consensus established in that meeting that is then repeated at the podium. Being on the outside, it's hard to know if our leaders were getting good advise or not. They are repeating what they are being told from the experts.

I read an article a couple of days ago that was reporting on opposing views concerning the virus. The two people who didn't agree were both experts, either virologists or epidemiologist. So even in the scientific community there is not total agreement on the proper course of action.

I would also say this has never happened before. There are 1.4 billion people in India that are sheltering at home. Also our societies are much more mobile than during the 1918 pandemic. As I recall too, the Spanish flu didn't have the long incubation times, which makes this virus much harder to track and predict

4 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

Understood..all the options are pathetic. POTUS made mistakes but let’s not think Biden would be any better. 

More defeatism.  You can't rationalize this one away.  You should just stay home on election day.

And you should stop thinking of the position and think of the man.  Trump is a con man.  He has you under his spell.  Get a real "POTUS" in the position, not this fake.

People have real trouble realizing that they've been deceived.  They'll spend huge amounts of effort trying to believe that they are smart enough not to get conned.  The don't want to feel like fools.

Watch the press conferences.  Don't be afraid.  Accept the fact that you've been fooled and try to fix your error.  For the sake of people besides yourself.

Edited by Zed Head

Apparently Trump is going to hold a two hour "town hall" meeting today.  He won't be able to focus on the problem.  He'll end up talking about he didn't need this job because he's a millionaire, he did a great job anyway, and things will bounce back, better than before, in a couple of weeks.

Doesn't matter who's to blame, what matters is who's going to get us out of it, and handle the next round best.  Even someone who hates the chinese can see that.  Hate won't make things better.  And of course, if you think that things will never change, then why bother doing anything at all?