IGNORED

Mint '71 240Z - More Fun Coming to BaT

DatsunZGuy

10 hours ago, CanTechZ said:

Beautiful car, with a serial number of 4684 and a production date of 5/70 wouldn't this be a 1970?

Also wrong hubcaps and brake master cylinder. Why wait for the BAT auction to get the commentary going. Lol

I have a 6/70 that is a '71. 

Yes I saw those hub caps right away too. :)  The first thing I would do if I owned that car is pull those seats and sit them on a shelf.  If indeed that is the original poor quality upholstery, they will begin to tear within the next 500 miles. That would sicken me on an original low mile car.

6 hours ago, rcb280z said:

Nice car

No filter housing decals? I thought it came from the factory with them.

Mine didn't have them either. VIN 5200 or so.  There wasn't any residue to indicate they were ever there. So I assume they never existed?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Patcon said:

Any thoughts on numbers? I think the market has gotten softer, so I don't know where to come down on this. I could see it as a six figure car or a 60k car...

There is a guy 240zguild that shows up on BAT regularly that buys and resells z cars.  He has recently begun assigning numbers to the cars he sells. The most recent, he calls "guilded series 001" that he claims sold for 6 figures.  I don't understand what people see in his work that would warrant such silliness.

I could see this car fetching top dollar due to its low miles and originality.  I can MAYBE also see the Franklin Mint car selling for top dollar for it past history. But I cant understand why anyone would pay 6 figures for a modified car.  

Thoughts anyone???

• Like 1

That downpipe is quite the downer on such a beautifully preserved Z!

Couldn't take the time to address it, or was it just too disruptive to remove and restore the finish??

Not a big deal I guess---preserved patina at best.

13 hours ago, Patcon said:

Any thoughts on numbers? I think the market has gotten softer, so I don't know where to come down on this. I could see it as a six figure car or a 60k car...

I agree Charles---it will be interesting to see where this one lands. I think in the upper side of 60K---as you said "softer".

Maybe Jim Frederick would hazard a knowing appraisal???

@Jim Frederick

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rcb280z said:

Nice car

No filter housing decals? I thought it came from the factory with them.

@jfa.series1 might know the answer?  I was thinking the "summer/winter" flap housings were the first but after a Google image search I proved myself wrong, once again. LOL

Good to hear from you Bob. You've been missed.

• Like 1