IGNORED

[2020] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

10 minutes ago, Jeff G 78 said:

Did you have to install longer studs too?

It looks like it wouldn’t take much grinding but I was hoping to avoid it. As a race car, I don’t want to have to modify parts that are likely to go bad over time. If a caliper goes bad during a race weekend, I can buy one at any parts store and slap it on. Spacers keep the calipers stock and make trackside swaps quicker. 

I had them on my track as well.  I did not have to add longer studs and never had a problem.  

I truly understand wanting the ability to swap out a caliper quickly.  I never liked the idea of spacers on a car.  Especially a track car.

9 minutes ago, Marty Rogan said:

I had them on my track as well...  I never liked the idea of spacers on a car.  Especially a track car.

Agreed on the spacers. I don’t like them either. I’ll have to think about it and decide which is the least objectionable. 

After 5 yrs the vinyl wrap on my rear panels needed re-done. Vivid memories of wrestling old plastic panels and sheets of vinyl along with a hair dryer came rushing back so I decided paint would be much easier.  Cleaning to old residue off was no fun but I'm happy with the results.

Before and After.GLW8961R copy.jpg

IMG_0736A.jpg

IMG_0739A.jpeg

• Like 1

Look awesome! [emoji106]

What colour paint did you go with? Do you have a RAL code?

Here’s mine but I have no code - I really want to use the same colour on the number plate light which is currently gloss black! And maybe even the rear spoiler.

f2add75d05da380f35777baa27180134.jpg&key=dc283196246f1c2e0bc439574038cff7fb28cb3c791871a1617d62dc25ceab3a

5 hours ago, AK260 said:

Look awesome! emoji106.png

What colour paint did you go with? Do you have a RAL code?

Here’s mine but I have no code - I really want to use the same colour on the number plate light which is currently gloss black! And maybe even the rear spoiler.

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 9.28.09 AM.pngI  use this for most black parts.  It is not gloss or matte, but more of  a sheen if that makes sense.

• Like 1

So, the local Caffeine & Octane decided to feature Japanese cars among others in the main lot. (It's not unusual for 2500+ cars to show up monthly.) Several Z car owners signed up and parked in the lot. Afterward, we also did a group photo with the Z owners who stuck around.

Caffeine and Octane 9-6-2020 003.jpg

Caffeine and Octane 9-6-2020 046.jpg

Caffeine and Octane 9-6-2020 060.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...