IGNORED

Restoration Unveiled Today 08.17.2019

Car54280ZX

5 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Like on a ordinary record the needle passes through the groove, normally it only has one LONG groove.  Here there are about 10? different grooves all lying next to each other, the Needle "knows" what track it must take by the different inputs..  It's simple technique but a reliable system Haha..  Thank you very much for the interesting video!

BTW.. I think that it can be used during driving, how could BB (bitching Betty  (so funny!))  warn otherwise for low on fuel?

"ding"  " I'm still good for another 300,000 Miles "  "ding" ... :pow:

It definitely works during driving. If you open the door, "ding".

My first zx was an 81 with no voice warning, my second was an 83, and knew nothing about bitchin Betty, right until "Ding, fuel level is low". 

Edited by DC871F
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a 1983ZX Coupe that has 254,000 miles on it. I’ve done a lot of internal work over the years, rebuilt Trans, repair of head block bolts, exhaust system, tie rods, shocks etc but have neglected the interior and some rust bubbles. the car actually looks pretty nice for a car with so many miles on it. My plan is to either a) buy replacement fenders and repaint or b) repair fender/body bubbles as best I can and repaint. I’m leaning towards repairing but would like some advice. Got new OEM restored wheels for Christmas so polished up the hubcaps. I’ll post another one when they are installed.

DBA4466D-9C5F-45A9-8A19-9A91A4CE32FC.jpeg

• 1 month later...

It's been awhile for me, but the restoration is off and running.  Windshield is out, rear hatch glass is out, both for rust to be mitigated.  Engine is overhauled and complete, transmission is overhauled, front suspension is back in (shocks, rotors, calipers, boots, etc.).  Next is the rear suspension, fuel tank flush, and start of rust mitigation.  I'm hoping for completion by late summer. 

• Like 1

Here are the new wheels. I’ve looked at getting it restored but the cost seems too high for the miles on it. High end was $25,000. The engine is pretty strong though, 29 mpg when I brought it back to CO from TX. I may just sell it to someone looking for a project. I’ve driven it pretty hard lately, high speed turns mostly to see the rigidity of the body and to be honest, not a creak. There is rust however, a couple places through floor but not huge. A bit discouraged.

AC7325FE-69A7-4A16-B9C8-68794C65D382.jpeg

• 1 year later...
On 3/28/2020 at 8:31 AM, Captain Obvious said:

Not exactly sure what the above means, but I took a couple seconds of looking on-line to come up with some examples of what it's supposed to look like maybe?

From  >>   http://xenonzcar.com/s130/warninglamps.html

warningdisplay4.png

warningdisplay9.png

Are those what it's supposed to look like if it's working? Is it really multi-color like that?

This is exactly the way it should work! It’s still acting up. I think there is some circuitry behind the glove compartment. 
Are you going to Zcon 2022 in Alabama this year? I’m signed up