IGNORED

240z gets jiggy

ConVerTT

Two big thumbs up for Kent posting his build(s). We have been friends for a while now and I can vouch for his collection of awesome 240’s, 300’s, and a few other tasty exotic morsels too!
zKars can also chime in here as well. He has known Kent longer than I have.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

Hey Kent,

Welcome to the forum, I know a kindred spirit when I see one, very nice jig, that will be a straight car by the time you're done. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks!  The old 240 was actually surprisingly straight given how rusty she is.  It was actually quite a nice car once.  Unfortunately when the owner passed away the car was left sitting in tall grass so ... ???

36 minutes ago, wheee! said:

Two big thumbs up for Kent posting his build(s). We have been friends for a while now and I can vouch for his collection of awesome 240’s, 300’s, and a few other tasty exotic morsels too!
zKars can also chime in here as well. He has known Kent longer than I have.

Haha - thanks Mark!  Now that I am rolling, I am going to try to FINISH one LOL!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So the front rails are basically done.  

The jig is working really well.  I can’t over-emphasize the benefits of having the car plumb, level and locked when it needs major surgery.   Aligning the new rails was pretty straight-forward once they were fabbed up.   Details here. ... 

Managed to true up the floors slighty as well.   Now just need to do the battery patch, firewall repairs, rad support and (redo) the inner rockers and she will be ready to go on the rotisserie ???.  Please stay tuned ....

04F71356-7537-4503-8CD8-2FB5C677E9A9.jpeg

Edited by ConVerTT
Typo
  • Like 1