IGNORED

[2019] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

All of the wheel bearings have been replaced, and I had a fun drive home. According to my friend, Nissan tended to use minimal grease on the wheel bearings. Fortunately, the stock rear bearings held up well over the 45+ years of use. There is less vibration in the steering wheel, too. I helped him diagnose a couple of electrical problems in his 73 turbo-swapped car. It's great to have a Z buddy you can swap favors with.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Perfect timing @SteveJ I'm about to put the dash into my buddy's 73 and get it going. A zx dictributor also needs the wiring attended to.  Not looking forward to the safety interlock delete issues.

Philip, there isn't a seatbelt interlock relay in the 73 like the 74. Is the car going through an automatic to manual swap?

The sad thing is that it is a Canadian company but sells in USD... I lose on convert and they lose on convert.... not really a Canadian spirit [emoji20]

I know. I emailed them a couple of years ago and they basically told me they don’t care about the Canadian sales. Everything is done in US dollars so they see the benefit of the low Cdn dollar and the swings of the currency. Too many Canadian companies are doing this and it makes me angry.
One of the few that advertises in both currencies is BQuiet sound deadener products out of Lethbridge Alberta. Their site is in both US and Cdn dollars and they ship in Cdn dollars too.
  • Like 2

Traced recent intermittent passenger side chirping / squeaky noise to half shaft u joint.  Replaced all yesterday.  My nice neighbor across the street let me use his lift for the job.  I'll have to get one of those one day!   Will be using his lift when my shipment from France / Zstory gets here next week.  That will be a very fun project!

Also continued on with prep & some paint chip touchup for Zcon.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, S30Driver said:

Traced recent intermittent passenger side chirping / squeaky noise to half shaft u joint.  Replaced all yesterday.  My nice neighbor across the street let me use his lift for the job.  I'll have to get one of those one day!   Will be using his lift when my shipment from France / Zstory gets here next week.  That will be a very fun project!

Also continued on with prep & some paint chip touchup for Zcon.  

This will easily fit in the garage, and this is the best price I've seen online. If I didn't already have a lift, I would buy this: https://www.costco.com/QuickJack-5%2c000-LB-Capacity-Portable-Car-Lift.product.100460313.html

• Like 3