IGNORED

PARTS WANTED

240z70

15 hours ago, Zup said:

My 7/70 has the bracket and correct pedal.

Any ideas on when these weren't installed from the factory?

I checked my 5/71 which has the "Series 2" style center console (ash tray in the middle) and the later style choke lever / mount. 

There is no bracket hanging down to mount the cable (post #22). It does however still have the earlier gas pedal with the tab on the top. (also post #22)

My 72 and 73 gas pedals do not have the tab. So they must have made up a bunch of pedals with tabs then just used them up late 71 to early 72. Although they stopped spot welding on the bracket for the cable a lot earlier.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

Yes the correct pedal is part of the whole set up. In all the cars I've seen, the pedal with the extra tab were left in the cars. No need to change that out when they removed the cable and lever assembly. Later models do not have the tab. My car had the bracket fixed under the dash where the cable sheath locks into place. From there the ball end of the cable hooks to the pedal tab, pulling above the fulcrum engaging the throttle.

Here's a pic of the bracket in my car.  No throttle installed when I took delivery.

Throttle Bracket.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the pictures guys.  That helps a lot.   My first Z had one, the others did not and I didnt remember how it was connected nor what the parts looked like. The reason I would like to get one because it is handy when you want to set the rpms higher whithout having to choke the heck out of it, hold the pedal down or adjust the fast idle screw.   It is extremely convenient and one does not really miss it unless you actually had one in the past, then you do.  Its not necessary but it is great to have one.

3 hours ago, Namerow said:

And this is a slightly-fuzzy picture posted by someone else a long time ago (sorry, no name available for photo credit) that shows the control cable end piece, c/w plastic snap-in fitting, and the top of throttle pedal arm...

S30 Choke & Hand Throttle - Throttle Control Cable end grommet - S1 - another.JPG

How long is the cable?