IGNORED

[SOLD] 1973 Datsun 240Z Scarab

ABQ240

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

I could resemble that remark. I am sure I know people that would classify me as such...?

Well, you are in the correct general geographic area.  But, probably not rural enough to get full credit.  You may need to move outside the city limits, drive an old Ford pick up, and have a slobbering hound in the truck bed. to become "Fully Qualified".LOL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck

Dennis

• Like 1

Pretty close to fully qualified! I lack the racist behavior that is evidently necessary per Wikipedia but I drive a 15 year old Ford, have 2 drooling great danes and am sometimes not polished enough, but I am comfortable in my own skin.

Like ZedHead said "some rednecks do good work". There are not many things I can't make and I tend to have a perfectionist nature.  It's all good though. I know myself ...B)

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure that this is the car that Mike Runnels went out to see. It's a real Scarab. IDK if he's on here but he is on Facebook.

And about rednecks...ah, the things we do to fix our cars at the race track. A couple races ago a Z all but came to a stop in a high-speed turn. Jeff's 240Z slammed into the back of another 240Z. We pulled the nose straight using a truck and tie downs. He stood on the hood to finish getting the bends out. It actually looked pretty good when done. I think he went on to win the next day.

Chuck

• Like 1

I'm surprised the price is so low, frankly.

It's authenticity is easily verified, I believe, if you know anything about Scarabs.  So chalk the comments about documentation up to ignorance.  There's a ton of information about Scarabs in the archives.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 26th-Z said:

I'm surprised the price is so low, frankly.

It's authenticity is easily verified, I believe, if you know anything about Scarabs.  So chalk the comments about documentation up to ignorance.  There's a ton of information about Scarabs in the archives.

Show us. What archives? As to price, the market seems to think $43k is too high. It's been for sale for more than 6 months. 

I'll chalk your comments to foolishness. This vehicle is described as "true survivor, non molested" that is clearly not the case, which makes all other claims suspect. In my opinion.

Edited by TimN

Maybe I'm not the target.  I just saw your other post TimN.  Why are you even here?  2 posts and you were in somebody's face from the first one.  Why don't you provide links to what you know?

Edited by Zed Head

Hello to all, my Dad sold the car, so no longer available.

21 hours ago, TimN said:

Without verifiable documentation, this is just another V8 conversion. If I was contemplating paying 43-large for something described as "rare", "original" and "a survivor", I'd expect at least a modicum of documentation and certainly more photos showing the unique features and modifications that make this something other than a good fake. If it was converted by Scarab it's a low option version, no flares, different rear spoiler, etc.

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be definitive information on the differences between factory vs. self-converted cars.

Caveat emptor, friends.

And seller, if you don't like my opinion, that's your issue, not mine.

This guy doesn't know sh**, so please ignore his "advice".  The earliest Scarabs didn't come with fender flares and "documentation" was scarce. 

The car sold for close to the asking price and is a "factory" car done by Brian M.  My Dad would have never sold the car, but he is losing his vision.

Maybe someone can 3D print him a badge that says "Scarab Police", he can wear it when he's speaking ill of other peoples cars.

Edited by ABQ240

3 hours ago, ABQ240 said:

This guy doesn't know sh**, so please ignore his "advice".  The earliest Scarabs didn't come with fender flares and "documentation" was scarce. 

The car sold for close to the asking price and is a "factory" car done by Brian M.  My Dad would have never sold the car, but he is losing his vision.

Maybe someone can 3D print him a badge that says "Scarab Police", he can wear it when he's speaking ill of other peoples cars.

Congrats to you!!! I feel for your dad. Good luck...

• Haha 1