IGNORED

Duffy's 1/71 Series 1 240z build

duffymahoney

19 minutes ago, duffymahoney said:

Man that would be cool. I will look harder. I can’t say I have ever seen another line. 

I have a series 1. 

It goes to the vent box in the rear quarter . You should have 3 lines running along each other under the car . 

Ok. So that is a 7mm. Which really means 9/32 hose. But I can’t really find a good 9/32 efi hose. So it would be 1/4. Which isn’t big enough for return. But if I T’d the 1/4 to the 3/16 stock return it should be big enough? It wouldn’t take that much more work. Thoughts? 

So here’s what I did . I guess I slept since then and couldn’t remember , but easy to see with an empty bay. Looks like I used the original supply line as my return since I ran a new 3/8” supply. 

A 1/4” line would be quite a bit bigger and would probably work. 

C1DFB09F-2578-4047-A5EF-2E89666FB24F.jpeg

• Like 1

I am going to attempt to move my FPR to the drivers side and use it.  That way I am hard lines under the car.  I will T the return from 7mm to 5mm and return via the stock 5mm line and the 7mm vapor vent line.  Then use the 5/16 to feed the ITBs.  Hopefully it works! I bought some 7mm efi fuel hose from belmetric.  So that should give me a good amount more flow.  Hopefully my push lock fittings work with it.  

My FPR mount was waiting to fail, i cut a lot of the strength out.  So I will need to fabricate another and put it in my stock coil spot.  Should end up looking pretty clean and simple.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up on mounting the fuel pressure regulator on the engine bay walls, I hated the amount of hoses that crossed over the engine bay.  

I ended up buying a radium -6 direct mount FPR (very nicely made).  Then I had an adapter machined to match the 14mm fittings that the Jenvy fuel rail uses.  I should be able to split both sides of the FPR to my 7mm return and my 5mm return.  I think I came out great.  Very neat design by radium, it can be mounted in any direction.  

FPR3.jpg

Fpr2.jpg

FPR1.jpg

Edited by duffymahoney

That looks like a nice setup.  If I was building mine today Id probably try it.  Looks adjustable but with vacuum regulation.  Very nice,

Where's the picture of yours?...  Let us dream.

http://www.radiumauto.com/DMR-Direct-Mount-Regulator-P909.aspx

Looks like they sell dampers also.

http://www.radiumauto.com/Fuel-Pulse-Damper-Direct-Mount-Kits-P759.aspx

5 hours ago, 240260280 said:

You could punch a hole in the valve cover on the back face high up to pull the vapour out of the trap then run this to the catch-can.

This re-route will allow you to plug and re-paint the top of the valve cover so it is smooth.

My valve cover is powder coated, so I won't be changing it.  That hose never bothers me for some reason.