IGNORED

Drivers front wheel touches front valence

Zpat

Another "Gotcha Moment".......Just one more point....there is some adjustment in the front valences that will allow the larger tires to possibly clear. Slide under there, loosen all nuts and slide the valences forward....it'll give you more clearance. Always check in forward and reverse though....and in full turn mode.

Just wanted to bring this thread to a successful close. Finally had a chance to go on a test drive and yes it was the tires. Perfect clearance with both small tires up front and it did appear the back wheel hub was thicker than the front making the problem worse. I am located just outside of Austin in the Lakeway area. I cannot thank everyone enough for helping, this blog is the best, just goes to show good people drive Z's. I am reliving my youth, as I am sure many of you are as well, it was the car I drove in my 20's but rust and milage caught up with my first one when I did not have the money to repair. Here is my new one that I am going to slowly bring back to its original, if not better, state.

Here's to hoping all your future repairs and restorations are successful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Classic Zcar Club mobile

20170311_093357.jpg
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I will see you at ZCON buddy...

We have all done things like this.  We can get together for a drink or two and tell war stories.  I have made more than my share, and will no doubt make more. Your car is beautiful... Cannot wait to see it in person. That interior looks beautiful.

ZPAT,

I'm in Austin and spend a lot of time in Lakeway (on the lake).  You should consider coming to our next local club meeting and hooking up with a lot of the local Z guys (and gals).  And definitely consider attending ZCON as Zedy mentioned above.  The judged show is going to be at the Oasis and should be a great event along with the others we have planned at Harris Hill Raceway as well as COTA.  It's also a great time to meet other fellow Z lovers.  I guarantee you will make friends for life.

We also usually put together a monthly drive as well as attend Cars and Coffee, so you should consider joining us on one of those as well.  Finally if you need any additional help on your car, just let me know.  I am also the owner of an S30 and so we already have something in common.  You can find out more about the local Capital Z of Texas club on our Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalZofTexas

Hope to meet you at one of our  upcoming events.

Mike.