IGNORED

240z overheating at idle in traffic lights and intersections

jalexquijano

23 hours ago, Patcon said:

Jalexquijano

You never answered my question about what happens if you try to rev the engine when sitting in traffic and the idle gets erratic. I still suspect too much fuel pressure or float levels. If it's a needle problem he will have a hard time finding someone to help get it right

http://www.partsgeek.com/mmparts/brake_booster/nissan/240z.html

I´ll check on this!! Which is the Cardone part number for the 6 inches Master Vac Brake Booster?? OEM Part is no longer available!!

5 minutes ago, Jarvo2 said:

Here's my adventures with replacing my brake booster...

http://jarvas240z.blogspot.com/2013/10/brake-booster.html

Hey Jarvo, did you use another rubber steering coupler or poly?  I've got the poly one on my 280 and I can feel every ant I run over, so I went with rubber on the 240 hoping for a little more cushioning before the steering wheel.  I still have the motor out so your opinion might change my mind.  Thanks!

I do not know of a source for the original small diameter brake booster. Maybe someone will chime in with one...that maybe why the one on your car is still there and bad. You can use the other sizes if you can't source one but the bolt patterns may be different or you could ship it to a company that rebuilds brake boosters. Call or email first to make sure they can source the parts.

On 1/15/2016 at 3:26 PM, jalexquijano said:

Crank the engine at the garage, if it does not crank immediately i need to pull the choke for at least 1 minute. After that i push it back. Temperature needle is at 0, drive the car from the parkway until i head myself to the streets. At the streets, i can drive around nice until i get to a couple of traffic jams, lights and after 15 mins of driving temperature reaches to a Little less than 3/4 in the temp gauge. Idle becomes rough lowering from 1000 RPM to 500 or to 400 sometimes and rises back. Eventually car stalls and i have to crank it again.

Choke for 1 minute in Panama? I live in the north, and only can drive in Summer where it rarely hits 90 degrees.

I pull choke 1/2 way, starts immediately and shut choke off. I don't get it. This makes my head hurt.