IGNORED

What do you think of the new 350 z?

Mike

Do you like Nissan's new 350 Z car?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Nissan's new 350 Z car?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

I guess I'm just one of those superficial types, but I believe life is too short to drive an ugly car. (I'm also one of those who thinks every change Nissan made to the appearance of the original 240-Z was for the worse.) I have been following the picture trail and IMHO, the 350-Z is just plain butt-ugly, both inside and out.

I like the fact that Nissan built the 350 with the 240 in mind at least that's what it looks like to me. It seems that there is a trend to mix classic styles with modern designs these days and i can appreciate that. However i've always thought that Z cars just got ugly after the 240, cluncky and ungainly looking. It's nice to see that the Z is going back to it's roots.

How is it anything like a 240Z in form??

The design team even said they were not going to be forced into the retro-designed cars like everyone else and that they are looking into the future with design not into the past...

I see a bit of 300ZX in it but the rest is almost as ugly as a 280ZX (no offence to the 280ZX owners amongst us hehe) :P

;) I like the style BUT I will keep my '71 240. I'm sure that the new 350 will turn some heads , especially if a cute blonde is driving it. You can talk about weight and horsepower and style, however price is way too much for this old boy. IF I had that kind of money I would rather put it into my 240 . I've had my 240 for 22 yrs. and there isn't a day goes by that someone doesn't ask me what year it is or if I want to sell it. I don't think the 350 will get that kind of attention for many years. The new sports cars all seem to look pretty much the same. And the question I ask is,are they really sports cars ? Soft suppension, voices from the dash telling you what to do next, electric seats, GPS (man, if ya don't know where you are, ya get out and ask !!) , electric this and that. I live in the mountains of northern Ca. and drive 25 miles a day each way over twisted mountain roads and at 57 yrs. old, still challenge anybody to keep up with me !! That 240 sticks to the road and the only guy up here who has come close to staying on my tail is a porshe 911. Cameros, Mustanges, RX-7 and several idiots in sedans have tried, a couple tried hard enough to end up in the trees!! Would I buy a 350 ? Naw, maybe check out the blonde in one !! LOL Guys, hang onto your 240's .

• 1 month later...

I saw the Z Concept (the bronze colored one) at a car show today in Perth, Western Australia, and I have to say I still think its ugly. The Silver one looks better with it's slight changes especially the front grill, and I think the color has a lot do with it also. I still like my photoshop created z better, But if nissan would only do something about those damn ugly door handles, i'd be happy.

Mr Camouflage.

Hey Mr.Cam,

It looks like there are 2 of us in Perth looking for a Z. All of the ones I've seen are full of rust or over-modified. I'm thinking I'll end up getting one from interstate in the end. What do you think?

BTW, don't like the new 350Z at all. If its goind to look that thick and chunky it should be an all-wheel-drive a'la Subaru. In fact, why didn't they do that?

Halz

• 1 month later...