IGNORED

Datsun Parts LLC - gone to the dark side?

Zed Head

He apparently cleans up used parts and sells them as rebuilt.  Another "out" - define rebuilt.  It's not a skills issue.  He's been running this operation for years and has no scruples, apparently.  Seems to be just a dishonest scammer.  People try to give him the benefit of the doubt in various threads around the internet (trying to believe these were honest mistakes or the fault of the customer), but if you read enough of his responses you can what he's doing.  Deny, deny, deny until the customer gives up, or takes a small sum just to end the pain.  The heart of his business isn't producing parts, it's finding people that don't know his past.  .

Here's a recent thread from ratsun.  Some of the posts are painful to read, a bit juvenile, but the end story is the same.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/66882-dont-do-business-with-california-datsun-formely-datsun-parts-llc/page-1

^^ Very true!

Must be just "overhauling" the engines and not "rebuilding" them? Big difference between the 2. But then again if its torn down and inspected properly excessive damage should be obvious regardless, correct? I can't believe he is still in business really.

1 hour ago, rcb280z said:

Sociopath, by the definition.

Now that pretty much sums it up Cliff.

It sums it up.  But, since my wife is a psychologist, I thought I'd ask her for a few more characteristics.  Here's her list, see what fits.

disregard for feelings of others

a lack of remorse or shame

easily lies to achieve goals

egocentric

Dennis

• Like 2

He sold a "stroker Kit" to someone on zcar years ago. The guy found out it was a stock crankshaft with the identifying marks ground off. 

Never get anything mechanical from him, all he probably does is wash the grease off and paint it.

19 minutes ago, Darrel said:

He sold a "stroker Kit" to someone on zcar years ago. The guy found out it was a stock crankshaft with the identifying marks ground off. 

Never get anything mechanical from him, all he probably does is wash the grease off and paint it.

He doesn't always clean the part...

• 3 years later...

Apparently, Al, AKA URGELIS, has started a new company called Doctor Datsun Restorations.  He doesn't show his name on the new site but he seems to be the guy behind it.

Just posting so that people will know the history before getting involved.  History is full of fly-by-night companies and people, who change identities after they wear one place out.  One guy recently had a good experience though.  Maybe he's changed.  More history will tell.

12 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Apparently, Al, AKA URGELIS, has started a new company called Doctor Datsun Restorations.  He doesn't show his name on the new site but he seems to be the guy behind it.

Just posting so that people will know the history before getting involved.  History is full of fly-by-night companies and people, who change identities after they wear one place out.  One guy recently had a good experience though.  Maybe he's changed.  More history will tell.

It's pretty easy to admit when you make mistakes, fix what can be fixed and move on.  

5 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Here's all I need to know, "NO RETURNS".

image.png 

That site has what looks like a lot of good stuff.  Why no returns?  I had to return stuff prior to knowing I had a series one. It was my fault for ordering products that don't fit my car, but that's how we learn.