IGNORED

Datsun Parts LLC - gone to the dark side?

Zed Head

It's either a new start,with all that he's learned from past mistakes, or he's hiding from his old company's bad reputation.

Datsun Parts is now California Datsun.

http://www.californiadatsun.com/engine/cylinder-heads/

He is putting his face out there though - http://www.californiadatsun.com/contact-owner-al-allen-of-california-datsun-inc.html

And two pages of only excellent reviews - http://www.californiadatsun.com/testimonials/

LOL this was on the second link:

Why Datsun Parts LLC?

We are a professional licensed Datsun Restoration Business. Our parts are backed with a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee. All we sell are quality new and restored parts that are sure to fit your special application. Our goal is customer loyalty and we want your return business. Our feedback rating is one of the best and our website is listed with several customer reviews.

Isn't this him from the recent Wheeler Dealer thread, post #12?

http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/50923-wheeler-dealers-240z/

Wow, I never saw that.  So it's possible that he's seen all of the bad press on this forum.  Maybe we drove him in to changing his identity.  It's a shame that he didn't keep the old name and just own his past mistakes.  That would be impressive and noteworthy.

Isn't this him from the recent Wheeler Dealer thread, post #12?

http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/50923-wheeler-dealers-240z/

As I mentioned on that thread, I was surprised to see that Mike & Edd connected with him to supply parts rather than one of the many other reputable Z parts suppliers in SoCal. It appears they did their vendor research on his web site rather than checking what others have had to say over the years.

Dennis

• Like 1

As I mentioned on that thread, I was surprised to see that Mike & Edd connected with him to supply parts rather than one of the many other reputable Z parts suppliers in SoCal. It appears they did their vendor research on his web site rather than checking what others have had to say over the years.

Dennis

I too was surprised that the Wheeler Dealers did not use MSA.  Al Allen was at our convention last year, he was really a nice guy and I had no idea about his business or feedback on his business.  I guess I should do some research here on the page to find out. 

• 1 month later...

Datsun Parts LLC is alive and well, thanks for your interest and concern. I choose not to get into a keyboard challenge of wit. Nothing anyone post here will drive me away, and my business continues to thrive and grow at a double digit pace each year.

Yes, that was me front and center with Edd from Wheeler Dealers, no need to hit the red button... just be respectful and understand that this business provides parts and service that many others do not, and at a better price, thats why we are in business today.

The California Datsun name is just an additional DBA, helps enhance marketing efforts and on-line presence. 

I have always been easy to access, my address and phone number is listed all over the internet. I welcome feedback, poor or negative it helps me learn and improve on my business. 

Its impossible to be perfect, Walmart, Target and Overstock.com have hundreds of upset customers who post poor reviews on-line and they are not going out of business any time soon.

I am sincerely sorry to hear that any customer has a problem. But not all problems can be solved, and we can not control who you choose to do business with.

I hope everyone will still give us a chance in the future to provide you with high quality products at discounted prices you expect and deserve.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know directly and I would be more than happy to help.

Al Allen

www.californiadatsun.com

Apparently Datsun parts LLC doesn't have any LD28 cranks to use. I just sold one to a guy in wash state that was having these guys build his engine. I sent the

crank to this business. Hope they don't mess it up, it was a very nice crank.  He wanted me to end my auction early because the builder needed the crank yesterday.

Edited by hr369

Actually, this thread is for your benefit, Al.  Glad you decided to respond.  Some of the feedback that's out there suggested that you were in denial about the poor assembly of some of your parts, so this is a spot to collect that information and share it, with you, and with classizcars.com members.  Now you can go to your engine builder with solid facts and get things right.  

Good luck.  Seriously.  It would be great to have a good solid vendor for this market.  You're one of the few, so you can milk it until it dies or build it up strong.

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1

Good luck.  Seriously.  It would be great to have a good solid vendor for this market.  You're one of the few, so you can milk it until it dies or build it up strong.

Amen to that! 

I have not bought anything from you, Mr Allen, due to some assembly of your parts. I'm glad we, this forum, have experienced engine builders/assemblers that can worn us, like me, about poor work. With that said I will be rebuilding my L28 sometime later this year and will need a reputable shop. I would like to be able to depend, hopefully, on a shop like yours to get my work done. You are only about 1.5 hours away from me. There is no other shop around me that knows anything about these engines.

Would be nice to hear from members that have had good results with Datsunparts LLC.