IGNORED

Thinking about installing an BMW M6 engine in my Z

grannyknot

Difficult to explain the selection process in any military. During WWII, Biak Island, S. Pacific, my Dad was a company clerk. No typing skills (at first) and a fifth grade education. He said it didn't matter, You just did the job given you, to the best of your ability.

22 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

Difficult to explain the selection process in any military. During WWII, Biak Island, S. Pacific, my Dad was a company clerk. No typing skills (at first) and a fifth grade education. He said it didn't matter, You just did the job given you, to the best of your ability.

That's what terrifies me, most vets go into law enforcement.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

That's what terrifies me, most vets go into law enforcement.

Stop running that moonshine still and you'll won't have to worry.

I'm okay with electrical work it's just all those damn microscopic wires, mini amps and micro volts.

I loaded the anvil into the car to simulate all the stuff that still needs to be installed and got all the suspension bolts tightened up, the wheel alignment done, front sway bar in and the front air dam in, it still has that turned up nose look so I guess I will have to make up some kind of brace to give it a bit of a twist. It will need a brace anyway to keep high speed wind from bending it, not much strength to the urethane air dam.

So the D/S front wheel arch and both rear wheel arches measure at 25 7/8" the P/S front, because of the lean on the engine measures 25 5/8" I'm hoping that the weight of the driver will equal the front out a little more. That is with Illumina shocks, Eibach lowing springs AND 3/4" urethane spacers on the top of the rear springs. Something definitely off about Eibach rear springs.

DSCN1545.JPGDSCN1543.JPGDSCN1546.JPGDSCN1548.JPG

That stitched leather looks really great!  

Looking at all of the soundproofing you have in there, it's going to almost be as quiet as a modern car inside I bet.   Are you going with a molded carpet kit as well?  

Love those mirrors too!

On 2017-6-4 at 1:18 AM, grannyknot said:

It will need a brace anyway to keep high speed wind from bending it, not much strength to the urethane air dam.

Eibach lowing springs AND 3/4" urethane spacers on the top of the rear springs. Something definitely off about Eibach rear springs.

I made a centre support for mine, but made it so it could bend if the air dam touch one of our dutch traffic calming devices (speed bumps). Hazmatt made a nice set for his. Looked really neat and tidy.

Funny you mention that about the Ebach springs. I was talking to fellow Z guy here that had the same problem. I told him to buy a set of the 280Z tops. They will add 25mm to the height. I don't know what he did, haven't spoken to him since and his e-mail address doesn't work anymore.

The car is looking fabulous. Can't wait to see the end results.

27 minutes ago, Careless said:

it's Tuesday. where are the videos of it running? :huh:

LOL j/k. lookin like good progress.

Matt was a no show yesterday, we set a time for next Monday but I'm starting to dig into the MS manual again, I'm sure the engine is just one key stroke away from starting.