IGNORED

Old pictures of your first Z

Diseazd

• 2 years later...

On 1/8/2014 at 9:37 AM, Steve Parmley said:

Autocross in the late 80s at the Oakland Colesium and the De Anza autocross with my brother. The Scott Performance L28 when new. On the first picture you can see where I hit a cone and knocked half the Datsun emblem off and the magnetic F in FP askew.

oakland scca.jpg

de anza.jpg

oakland scca2.jpg

scott oerformance.jpg

Hey Steve, do you recall what wheels you were running here?

They were called Wheel Specialties. A real racing wheel that is no longer made. Corvettes used to run them. I saw a set at the Monterey Historic races on a Corvette still. A 2 piece wheel that had the center glued to the outer ring using "NASA" glue. Kind of scary in my book. They are different with seven spokes instead of the usual eight. Andy Craig used them on his FP National winning autocross Z back in the day.

3 hours ago, Steve Parmley said:

They were called Wheel Specialties. A real racing wheel that is no longer made. Corvettes used to run them. I saw a set at the Monterey Historic races on a Corvette still. A 2 piece wheel that had the center glued to the outer ring using "NASA" glue. Kind of scary in my book. They are different with seven spokes instead of the usual eight. Andy Craig used them on his FP National winning autocross Z back in the day.

NASA Glue on racing wheels?! Hmmm seems crazy. That 7 spoke look is definitely cool though. I cruised the internet last night to see if I could find any old ones for sale, not a chance! 

I think I may have posted this picture in another thread topic. but this seems like a good place to do it again.

240z.jpg

Northern Wisconsin, November 1971.  I bought the Z after seeing one on display in Tokyo on my way home from living out of the country for about a year and a half.  I still have the Z and the white leather sheepskin lined jacket from India.  But, not the cashmere turtleneck sweater from Hong Kong or nearly as much hair.  Gotta love 1971.

Dennis

• Like 3

My first Z! A new 1977 280 in sunburst yellow with dealer applied stripes and rear louvers (first pic) in New Hampshire.

20150912_172827.png

A year later I painted it bright yellow, added stripes, a sunroof, fog lights, a radar detector, front and rear spoilers, BFG tires and headlight covers, in Weymouth, Mass., 1978.

20150911_205448.png20150911_205400.png20150912_164818.png

20150912_172937.png20150912_172556.png

These last pics are from a short trip south from Boston, Mass. (where I was going to UMass) to Cape Cod. Painters pants, bell bottoms and platform shoes. Pretty hilarious!! The car looks a bit like a Mexican taxi now that I look back on it LOL ! 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, dmoralesbello said:

20150912_172937.png

These last pics are from a short trip south from Boston, Mass. (where I was going to UMass) to Cape Cod. Painters pants, bell bottoms and platform shoes. Pretty hilarious!! The car looks a bit like a Mexican taxi now that I look back on it LOL ! 

And don't forget to mention the gold chain necklace and ginormous glasses.  We were all stylin' in the '70s.  Eat your hearts out, Millennials!

Dennis

• Like 2