IGNORED

The official "Post pictures of your wheels" thread

Ptero

8 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Are those some of the satin black Rewinds MSA has?  They look fantastic!

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic05a01/25-1209

Watanabe's from Japan - took almost 5 months to get them from the time I ordered them until they finally got though customs and got shipped to me.

For non-vintage events, original BSR wheels with Hoosiers (Scotty Sharp was the last person to run them before I got them), 15X7s BSR w/Toyo RA1s for vintage (dry) and the white panasports w/RA1s (wet).

At least two of these sets will get a work-out this coming week. Instructing on Wednesday (Hoosiers) and then the VRG event at Thompson, CT which looks like no rain in the forecast (6/23-25).

Four 240Zs have signed up, along with 911s, Alfas and a very sorted out 142 Volvo.

BSR10inch.jpg

Whitepanasportswets.jpg

• 1 month later...
On March 22, 2016 at 4:12 PM, theblackpearl said:

Sorry posted too soon appliance fine wire wheels powder coated to match my black pearl.

I have center caps but 1 fin is broke off of 1 of them 

Do you still have your center caps? If so, are u interested in selling them? Lmk..

big thanks!

K the lil z lady :) 

• 2 months later...

Hi all....I believe you can fit a broad choise of wheels/tires to fit your 240Z. (Take a look at my set-up, 240ZX photo album), these are 17x8 front & 17x9 rear with 215-40 front & 235-40 rear within stock body. What i did was calculate, this does take some work, width vs offset and researching tire sized and finally coming to the a result of width thick spacer is required to allow the combination to work without problems. For my set-up I also had to install longer studs as the studs pass through the spaces. If you have the passion for a non standard set-up, it is possible. OK, there are limits! Note: my struts have been shortened and I have adjustable camber plates. As always, this is a contiual improvement process. I am working on the front end to reduce bump stering.....not bad but want better. HYBRIDZ has tons of info about how to achieve this effort. I have a front crossmember with relocated lower control arm pivot points and will install adjustable length control arms. Always something to mod!!!

• Mike featured this topic
On 11/28/2016 at 3:48 PM, Mike said:

Hey @Travel'n Man, what are the specs for this setup?  Wheels and tires if you could, thanks.

@Mike - the wheels are Watanabe's.  Fronts are 15X7 I believe 1+offset.  Rears are 15x7.5 1+ offset.  I tried to get as close to ZERO offset as I could.  On my original order I requested Semi-Gloss but once I got them 3 months later it was just a little too much gloss for me.  I sent them to my local powder-coater and had them done if flat black.  The picture above is semi-gloss.  Due to the big brake calipers I do have to run a spacer in the front (it's about 1/2" give or take)  - they are 205x15's.  The rears have no spacers and they are 225/15.  Hope that helps  - let me know if you need exact detail on the spacers and tires sizes.  Be happy to supply if needed.  The below pictures are of the re-powder coat flat black - same color as the rear panel and rear shade.  Still have my old wheels just in case I want to change the look at any time.

IMG_8038abc.JPG

IMG_80431.JPG

IMG_8038987.JPG

Edited by Travel'n Man
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...