IGNORED

[2011] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

I installed my dual K&N intakes today. I love the way it opens up the engine bay and the butt dyno feels a little improvement aswell!

It is a proven power gain by Norm on Zcar.com! Looks beautiful too!

Cut some baby stacking rings in half and fix to the opening inside the filter for improved air flow or use the horns from the orange one.

stacking rings.JPG

today i cursed at my car because it broke down along the road on the way to work.

In the 12 years i've had the car, it has never let me down. the alternator went out

and the ignition was running off the battery only. fortunately a good person offered me

periodic jumps to recharge my battery. only 2 jumps, about 5 miles apart, to get back home. i think what happened is i've recently installed h4 lights and im running only a 50 amp alternator and the heavy load sent the alternator over the edge.

it wasn't a good day. damn hot out in the middle of black lava field. thankfully that guy

in the toyota truck came along to help. i was waiting on a 140$ tow home. sunday and labor day weekend of all days to need a tow.

Saturday actually, I drove the car 50 miles in the 95+F heat to get the engine good and hot first.

When I last adjusted them (over 8k miles ago) I had just idled the engine until the temperature gauge read normal. But I noticed that when I drove the car in really hot weather it had noticeable valve noise. This time I wanted it hot.

I also adjusted them to the specifications from the aftermarket cam manufacturer, not the Haynes manual. :rolleyes: The Z is much less clattery now, but I haven't had a chance to take it on a long hot drive since it cooled way off yesterday and the high temperature for today is only about 72F. Time will tell.

I figured out why cylinder #4 was dead on my 260Z crapcan racer. The intake valve seat is cracked and has chunks missing. The head went into the machine shop today and I'm awaiting word on what all is wrong with the head. Since this is a crapcan series, I can't simply throw money at it, so this will be a budget repair.

IMG_3659.jpg

I ripped the interior out of the Z on the passenger side and in the hatch since all of it needs to be replaced and the tiny spot of rust attended too. I still have a drivers seat and all of that but I didnt get the radiator pulled today but wanting to do that very soon