IGNORED

Kia Sportage weatherstip rocks!

steve91tt

I've got a friend who installed Vintage Rubber door seals in his 71 restoration. He said it was easy to install, fit perfect, and the doors closed perfectly. I saw the installation and it looked awesome. We're lucky to have VR take an interest in the Z cars and to make such a high quality product. We should try to reward that with our purchases so they stay around as a source for our Datsuns.

• 2 years later...

To replace the weatherstrips on one S30, would it be  better  to buy two door weatherstrips and one hatch, or would two hatch strips take care of all three doors?  In short, what combination works best with the least waste?  I don't know the lengths, so I'll leave it up to those who do know.

I did again, thanks, and it comes up mostly CZC!   There's nothing new since my last search.  There's one or two HybridZ threads and one from Zcar.com.  They give the basic "I used Sportage seals, and they work great" spiel, but no specifics.

I think there is enough information now to make a write-up of this important stuff.

Pretty easy to take a string and get a measurement,  The only specific needed is year of Sportage.  Everything else is pretty obvious.  Remove old seal, press on new seal.  Trim excess.  You could take a string or a tape measure out to a Sportage and generate some knowledge?

Both the Z and the Sportage hatches are big.  I think that Sportage hatch would have to be huge to do two doors and a hatch on a Z with two Sportage hatch seals.  Plus, you won't have the 90 degree bend from the Sportage door seal that makes the whole thing so useful.  I'm thinking that you'll need two doors and a hatch to do two doors and a hatch.