IGNORED

Another one bites the dust.

zKars

I saddens me to announce the passing of HLS30 (UA) 02744. It joined its other family members that met a similar fate at the rust recycling pile in the sky (actually Lenny's metal recycling center...) this morning at 10:15am

I have to admit I was the one that administered the fatal blow, when I foolishly sat in the driver's seat to check the mileage. The extent of the damage can be seen from the accident scene pictures below. I failed to support myself with my feet on the floor (shop floor, not car) while seated. These pctures are the only ones I can bear to show.

We should have seen it coming. When trailer towing it home, the straps at each end kept coming loose no matter how much we tightened them at each stop. Maybe the drivers door coming loose and flapping in the wind half way home wasn't just us forgetting to latch it tight...

Fortunately I found a signed donor card in the glove box (right behind the mouse nest).  It's remaining useful bits will be used to save the life of as many other UA's as possible with 3798 being first in line. It's especially sad as it is (I mean was) full numbers matching.  A DNR was not needed. There no way any sane person could bring this one back to life.

Donations to the "save a datsun" charity of your choice are requested in lieu of flowers.

IMG_1679.JPG

IMG_1684.JPG

IMG_1623.JPG

7 minutes ago, David F said:

So, tell me why you bothered dragging that dog home?

That's easy.  FIELD TRIP!  I got to go to farmers field with a Z buddy and drag its rusty a$$ onto a trailer in the snowy Canada North winter, freezy many unmentionable parts, then have lunch at A&W. A treat I rarely get these days.... sigh....

That and the BOAT LOAD of valuable series 1 parts that it contains for the other S1 car I recently aquired. 'Tis only the body that's worthless... And even then there are several little tid bits that must be kept, like rear tail light trim lower clips, and a pedal box for Auto-manual conversions etc etc etc.... 

Even a neighbor that makes his living by hauling scrap metal benefits. Circle of life baby, circle of life...

Edited by zKars
  • Like 3