IGNORED

RIP DEANNA

Mark Maras

Sad news. Jai's (RedBird) beloved friend Deanna passed on today after a brave fight with kidney failure. She was a dear family member and loved to "go for a ride" in RedBird. The looks from other motorists when they saw her must have been priceless.

Mark

Deanna T..jpg

Having lost Sully and Claire within the last two years, so sad to hear.

I know the feeling---big empty spot---your life isn't the same.

Give it some time Jai---the sorrow fades in intensity and memories of the good times together remain forever.

You gave Deanna a wonderful life, she blessed yours.

• Like 2

So sorry to hear about Deanna.....we lost Cheyenne 9 years ago....I  miss her still.....we bought Millie...another worthless flea bag that we are totally in love with....a shame dogs have such a short life span....I feel your pain.

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG

• Like 3

Thanks for ALL of your sweet comments.  She beat the odds, her vet said she was 1 of only 3 in her whole practice that cleared kidney failure.  The time was fleeting tho, after 9 months it returned with a vengeance, pushing her beyond any options.  Placing her pain and unhappiness as first priority over my agony of losing her, I released her to the heavens.

But you know, we are given these amazing creatures to experience the love they give, they always leave before we do.  It is hard, but...it is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.  That is their unselfish gift.  There will never be another Deanna, but there will come to me an older dog that has been abused or abandoned, with a serious need to experience love before they die.  That dog, when it shows up in my life, is the next dog I will adopt.  I want to gift one with love, and care for it until it passes away.  In Deanna's name, it's the least I can do for a fellow traveler on our beautiful Earth.

Take care my friends...

Deanna snow bow.jpg

• Like 2

That about sums it up Jai.  

Thanks for the memories of Jelly Bean. I wish like hell I'd gotten an older Buddy to fill in the hole she left but after seeing this picture I had to go get him.

He looked so miserable.  Probably still too, I keep calling him Jelly. :blush:

IMG_0759.jpg

You'll smile again real soon, there's a lot of "under loved" boys and girls out there that would make a great co-pilot for you and Red Bird.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about your loss. Who would ever imagine these fantastic critters could mean so much to us.

I am wildlife biologist and work in the field alot doing surveys. For 12 yrs. my buddy Darby worked by my side. Last August I had to put him down due to kidney failure. This is my first year working alone without him. I sure miss him.

IMG_20170212_093438.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Like 3

Newtonhubcap,

Your post came up as I was trying to figure out what I was going to say.  So sorry to hear of the loss of your handsome friend Darby.  I know how they inch their way into our hearts to live happily there.  What a difference that makes in our lives.  Their love given is not available any other way.  I believe that is why they are here, to show us how unconditional love feels.  God bless them.

That darned kidney failure is a very difficult disease to deal with.  I found out Deanna had it after reading that Beneful... causes kidney failure.  The guilt was awful. I have bad thoughts of those that make dog food for their most profit, no matter the dog health issue.  I immediately put her on a total organic food.  It helped, but she still lost after 18 months.  At least I had her for another year in good health.  I try to tell others to feed the very best dog food they can.  

Thank you for sharing and showing us your beautiful Darby.

Jai/Redwing

Hello all my friends,

I'll  start by saying that I'm doing the best I can.  Life is lonely here tho.  Thanks for all your comments. 

Redbird is now having some problems and I don't know of where to put my request for help.   The other night driving home in the dark my speedometer etc. dials were moving from bright to dim constantly.  The headlights also were dim.  When I got home the back up lights did not come on at all.  Easy get around is to not drive at night.  But I'm  concerned that somewhere in the vast amount of wiring, something may decide to catch on fire.  Not a problem for the moment, my wallet with all important things has disappeared.  I last saw it in my purse at church, drove right home, and it is not there now.  I did not stop anywhere, no way I could have left it anywhere.  Sooo, dear RedBird is going nowhere while I am without a drivers license.    No chances!

Edited by Redwing

1 hour ago, Redwing said:

The other night driving home in the dark my speedometer etc. dials were moving from bright to dim constantly.  The headlights also were dim.

Could be the alternator going bad.  The varying and weak voltage are signs.  Good luck.

• Like 1