IGNORED

Hole in side of block??

TheErictag

Ok so I've got a hole i guess on the drivers side of the block that a short metal pipe keeps coming out of .. there's oil now all over that side of the engine bay .The metal pipe has hose on it connecting it to the breather on top of the valve cover and it tees off to somewhere else also..

My questions are this .. what's the best way to keep that metal pipe from blowing out of the block and what is that thing called and what's it for?

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

It's the PCV system.  I've seen pictures where people held the pipe in with JB Weld.  It has a ridge around it that should be up against the block, beat it in with a rubber hammer.  Here's some info in this thread.

If it keeps blowing out your valve is probably bad, not allowing air to pass through.

Edited by siteunseen

On 3/15/2017 at 6:01 AM, TheErictag said:

The metal pipe has hose on it connecting it to the breather on top of the valve cover and it tees off to somewhere else also..

Somebody found the mid-point between a functioning PCV system and no PCV system.  

You're going to have to do better than somewhere else to do well with these cars.

• Like 1