IGNORED

ZCON Austin roll call

Zedyone_kenobi

37 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

I'm so there!!

I'm getting to Austin on Wednesday mid-day or so. Hoping to grab the rental car and head straight to the Oasis from the airport.

I've got a local place to stay, so I won't have a room at the host hotel, but I'll be there for the CZCC meetings.  :)

CZCC meetings = :beer: 

Z'ya!

What are you going to do with a $20,000.00 barbecue Cliff? Can't believe you're not going to Zcon.......guess we know where to go for a happy meal in Alabama......I saw a sign on the back of a mobile barbecue cooker going up 85 out of Atlanta a couple weeks ago. It read "You can smell our butts a mile away!" ........

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

I'm going to Mesquite Texas in the next day or so to pick up a $20,000 Oyler bar b que pit made by J&R Manufacturing.  

But unable to make ZCON. I'll leave a trail of empty beers to find my way back just in case.

Are you stuffing it in the deck of your Z for the trip home?  Watch out for those exhaust fumes!  Snarf!    :blink:

Jai

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

Wow! That is the coolest barbecue I've ever seen. We're talk'in whole hog barbecue in one of those. 

This will be the fourth one he's bought since 1975, they work fantastic.  He runs one all night and the other all day, 10 boxes 60lbs to 70lbs each of pork shoulders, 600-700 lbs a day they sale.  The back pit is for chicken and ribs, use them both at Thanksgiving and Christmas smoking turkeys.

His look like this "through the wall model".  You load and unload inside the restaurant but the fire box is outside.

Related image

13 hours ago, Diseazd said:

What are you going to do with a $20,000.00 barbecue Cliff? Can't believe you're not going to Zcon.......guess we know where to go for a happy meal in Alabama......I saw a sign on the back of a mobile barbecue cooker going up 85 out of Atlanta a couple weeks ago. It read "You can smell our butts a mile away!" ........

Family owned since 1975, https://www.facebook.com/pruettsbbq/

I thought we were going this morning but he talked to the guy in Texas and they have a special flatbed truck with a boom lift for delivering.  Stan worked a deal where he's going to give them the old one and cut the delivery price down to less than I would go for.  So I'm not getting a quick $1,000 for 20 hours on I-20 and my teeth rattled out into the floorboard.  That's a rough interstate.

Had an idea.

We should list any small parts wants we all need.

I will list what I have and what I can bring. If you guys need anything, we could have our own mini swap meet.  I have quite a bit of things you guys may need. Hopefully you guys have some stuff as well

PM me and I will send you my cell number... we should be able to get a contact list together.

3 hours ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

Had an idea.

We should list any small parts wants we all need.

I will list what I have and what I can bring. If you guys need anything, we could have our own mini swap meet.  I have quite a bit of things you guys may need. Hopefully you guys have some stuff as well

PM me and I will send you my cell number... we should be able to get a contact list together.

Interesting idea.  I already have a tub full of R&R (Rescue & Refurbish) parts to offer for sale at the People's Choice show, may have to toss in some of the other bits not refurb'd.  A post on the ZCON Facebook page says there will be a bulletin board available for folks to post items for sale, I've got a two-page list in work.

PM sent.

Off topic - Parade Laps brake pre-check, lots of lining and no leaks:

100_2848.JPG