[2026] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today? - Page 5 - What I Did Today - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

[2026] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

Featured Replies

No, the oil will pour out the rear of the transmission if no drive shaft is installed when it's tilted up. I would loosen the plugs on the tranny and fill it once it's in the car. They make little hand pumps that make this really easy

OK, I have rubber caps, like those that protect the threaded ends of pipes, that I can clamp onto the tranny tail prior to installation.

I wouldn’t advise filling the trans before installation. Plenty of opportunity to do that while putting the cross member and shaft in.

I was going to comment this as well. Aside from leakage out the rear ( 🫤 ), the level/angle of the unit may result in over/under fill. My 2-cents.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I bought a hand-operated transfer pump so I shouldn't have any trouble putting in the 1.5 L of Redline MT-90 when the engine and tranny assembly is firmly bolted into the chassis.

Thanks, all, for the warning about tranny tail leakage as it's not mentioned in the FSM that I have.

I was only reminded because I've drenched a rain coat in 90 weight waaaay back when I was helping a friend replace the clutch in his Firebird. We had the front end lifted and it started pouring out as soon as I pulled the driveshaft. He decided that I might not know what I was doing, whaich was partially true, and took it home after I put it back together. Good times man, good times...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.