IGNORED

$2.75 in N. Alabama

siteunseen

7 minutes ago, Patcon said:

if your fuel costs are too high look to the people adding cost but no value...

In the 80's  we had a prime minister that came with the solution.. for a time there would be extra taxes on fuel.. they called it: "het kwartje van kok" translated the quarter (guilder we had at that time what was 25 cents (about 10-12 dollarcents?) from kok (yes that was his name.. Kok.) and it never was deleted that quarter..  What i also found very nasty was that there was 25 cents of taxes and then taxes VAT over that!  It made it extra extra expensive.. No later government has deleted that quarter of KOK at any time..  still paying that..

But hey.. i'm happy i don;t have an airplane.. they fill up and have to pay 6000 euro at least for a tank stop.. (Seen on "the steelbuddies" going to the big apple from germany.  (in german and engish partly.) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

In the 80's  we had a prime minister that came with the solution.. for a time there would be extra taxes on fuel.. they called it: "het kwartje van kok" translated the quarter (guilder we had at that time what was 25 cents (about 10-12 dollarcents?) from kok (yes that was his name.. Kok.) and it never was deleted that quarter..  What i also found very nasty was that there was 25 cents of taxes and then taxes VAT over that!  It made it extra extra expensive.. No later government has deleted that quarter of KOK at any time..  still paying that..

But hey.. i'm happy i don;t have an airplane.. they fill up and have to pay 6000 euro at least for a tank stop.. (Seen on "the steelbuddies" going to the big apple from germany.  (in german and engish partly.) 

Can confirm from Duisburg - Germany. One Gallon of 'Super 95 (95 RON) today costs 6.77$ Don't ask for the premium juice.

Edit: Of course those are our normal prices without any crisis 😂

Edited by Johnny280
additional info
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Myrtle Beach, SC area.   No gas to be had.  Thousands of HD riders here for Spring get-together along with many beach vacation travelers.  Those who need to go home on Friday because of the new arrivals that come on Saturday along with those who are driving here from up North are all asking themselves, "where can I find gas"? Prices were starting at $2.69. What will they be soon?????

9 hours ago, Patcon said:

I have a question, does anyone think a gallon of gasoline costs tremendously more from one region to the next? There are variables and labor costs play a part but the bigger influence is probably government. Mostly in the form of taxes. Gasoline taxes are great because most people don't know they exist and have no idea of what percentage they are.

If you want tremendous, the west coast states are generally the highest region, In LA gas is over $5 a gallon.  Taxes are a big part - at least .50 in CA per gallon.   PA has the highest gas tax, near .80 cents / gallon.  (sorry Capt O) 

Gas where I am is $2.69 today

• Like 1

4 hours ago, S30Driver said:

PA has the highest gas tax, near .80 cents / gallon.  (sorry Capt O) 

Not sure where you got your numbers, but they are different than what I get when I go directly to the source(s):

AR is 24.5 cents per gallon:
https://www.dfa.arkansas.gov/images/uploads/exciseTaxOffice/2020MotorFuelsTaxRateAnnouncement.pdf

SC is 24 cents per gallon, but will be going up to 26 cents/gal at the beginning of July:
https://dor.sc.gov/tax/motor-fuel

And yes, while PA is higher, I'm seeing 57.6 cents per gallon:
https://www.revenue.pa.gov/GeneralTaxInformation/Tax Rates/Pages/MFT Rates.aspx

There is apparently talk in PA about eliminating or reducing the tax:
https://www.governor.pa.gov/newsroom/governor-wolf-commits-to-phasing-out-gas-tax-announces-commission-to-develop-funding-solutions/

And I'm not sure what the numbers mean, but here's what I find for CA. I'm not sure if that's 2.25% + .005 + .505 per gallon or what.
But here's the chart:
https://www.cdtfa.ca.gov/taxes-and-fees/sales-tax-rates-for-fuels.htm

They aren't making any more dinosaurs ever again so it's not like it's going to last forever.