IGNORED

$2.75 in N. Alabama

siteunseen

2 hours ago, heyitsrama said:

Big ooof.

$4.30 in California.

everyone get electric cars and save the gas for the enthusiasts. 🙂

hopefully the donut shops are still getting customers.

D43C41DC-02A8-4C47-ABE1-3431E1A538BB.jpeg

I forgot that you all switch to a higher price "summer blend" to reduce smog. That's a run around for more profit I think, charge higher for cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving kind off thing. I'm glad I won't live a whole longer. I love life but it's getting really hard to stay positive these days. I'm getting screwed every which a way it seems and our leaders don't seem to care. 

Reverse immigration? like a reverse mortgage. LOL

Edited by siteunseen

$2.94 for regular in Northern Florida. All the gas stations in my little town were empty, too. Ended up risking a 20ish minute drive out of town to fill up - got gas, but it was not cheap. 

Apparently people are buying up gas like it's about to vanish because the pipeline got cancelled. It's like the toilet paper crisis all over again! I thought people learned!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I forgot that you all switch to a higher price "summer blend" to reduce smog. That's a run around for more profit I think, charge higher for cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving kind off thing. I'm glad I won't live a whole longer. I love life but it's getting really hard to stay positive these days. I'm getting screwed every which a way it seems and our leaders don't seem to care. 

Reverse immagration? like a reverse mortgage. LOL

You might be onto something about the summer blend. I’ll give it the old sniff test to make sure….
I’m sure you can find some stuff out there, worlds a big place. I started taking walks after work, 10 hours on a computer is too much.

@Tweeds

https://www.darkreading.com/operations/colonial-pipeline-cyberattack-what-security-pros-need-to-know/d/d-id/1340970

US infrastructure needs security hardening. But then again people are always doing dumb $^!# like sticking random USBs into their computer that they found at the work parking lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heyitsrama said:

https://www.darkreading.com/operations/colonial-pipeline-cyberattack-what-security-pros-need-to-know/d/d-id/1340970

US infrastructure needs security hardening. But then again people are always doing dumb $^!# like sticking random USBs into their computer that they found at the work parking lot.

Huh, guess I shouldn't have taken the person's word for why gas is suddenly so hard to find. He made it seem like it was related to the Keystone Pipeline. Wild how this oil company basically had to shut everything down as a biproduct of the attack on their computer network. Guess it goes to show the vulnerabilities a company may have if their entire operation is, at least in varying degrees, hinged upon computers - not necessarily a bad thing, but it is a potential weakness, as we can see. I'd have thought this Colonial Pipeline would have contracted some sort of cybersecurity company to prevent such attacks. At any rate, I'm sure they will now!

Still, people going around buying all the gas in the pumps is exacerbating the situation. I imagine most gas stations could handle not getting re-upped for the duration of this whole thing if people continued buying gas at a normal rate. Panic snowballs far too quick.

**** the energy sector. 

I work in Comms and the prices of transmission equipment and the prices of services decreases every year (except at the edge where the price of data and phones and internet connections always goes up) 

MBA's and greed are ****ing the world.

• Like 2

Ah... nice topic.. the price of gas!!  we call it "benzine"  overhere.. i do some calc..

One liter of fuel  95 benzine is overhere 1,80 euro... so

1,8 x 3,9 (3,9 liter in a gallon) = 7,02 euro and that's $ 8,42/gallon !!    so... haha.. stop complaining.. 

A tank of fuel in one of my cars is 60 x 1,8 = 108 euro = $129,60    keep smiling!

I can't be bothered..  This week i got rid of a lot of weed on my big lawn of around 4 (yes 4!) m2 of grass and i had to pay the bill right away, my body was so upset of it that i did'nt sleep the night after... that tired i was..  So what i want to say is: get over it.. just keep on trucking! 😉 

Edited by dutchzcarguy

I have a question, does anyone think a gallon of gasoline costs tremendously more from one region to the next? There are variables and labor costs play a part but the bigger influence is probably government. Mostly in the form of taxes. Gasoline taxes are great because most people don't know they exist and have no idea of what percentage they are. For most people, if your fuel costs are too high look to the people adding cost but no value...