IGNORED

does this look like 918 to you?

Wally

Car is ready for paint. Told guy 918 paint. The car was orange but not sure it was the 918, original paint. He sent an image of fender with original orange and the pint of 918 he bought. 

He said once clear coat goes on, it will be slightly darker. Does this look too dark for 918? it does to me

Some pictures of my original paint #918. Single stage buffed down to the slick then waxed.

It looks different in different light.

Your paint lid looks like some touch up paint I bought of the www.com. They called it "Mexican orange". Too dark in my opinion. There's a jeep color a few years ago that's the closest I've seen. @Matthew Abate is a very detail specific guy and he went through this too. Maybe he'll see this and share his experience? Now I can show off my car. LOL

Inside the detailer's shop with fluorescent and some sunshine...

20190725_144551.jpg

In my garage under LED lights...

20170505_140235.jpg

outside, only the sunshine...

20190323_142458.jpg

outside at dusk, not very sunny...

20191006_183010.jpg

Outside, just the sun after washing...

Screenshot_20190102-183746_Gallery.jpg

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 2

Whenever there is a does this look like this color thread it’s almost impossible to tell unless your there standing next to it, your camera takes at one color setting, your phone or laptop views it at another color setting, your brain interprets it at whatever it wants. I always say if it looks right to you it is what it is because that might not be the same color to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

just came from painters. he had 2 places mix up 918. Dang the difference in the two one was very dark and one very light. I had a spray can of 918 i bought, from https://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up_paint/Nissan/1973-Nissan-240Z-Orange-918.html supposed to be as close to original 918 as possible. I sprayed it beside other 2 and it was pretty close, or better i would say. I am thinking 918 is an approximation instead of a science formula.

Someone asked about using the computerized paint matching.  I've done it for house paint and it's amazingly accurate.  If you have a part that hasn't seen sunlight, like the inside of the gas fill port cover, or a chunk of the sound deadener under the spare tire, you'd probably get a good match.  They don't need a big piece.