does this look like 918 to you? - Page 4 - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

does this look like 918 to you?

Featured Replies

Here is a pantone color I found that's very close to 918 orange.

image.png

https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/717-C

Here is a comparison to my car. my paint on the left and pantone on the right, also with a couple of other pantone colors below.

918 Orange vs Pantone 1505 C.jpg

Here is the picture that I cropped for my color. As it is original paint behind the tail light finisher there is no fade. I took the picture with no flash in natural light, overcast sky, not direct sun.

20210403_134504.jpg

 

I found the pantone color 717 C, after a few tries here:

https://www.pantone.com/color-finder

 

Something I found.  Has some cross-references. Seems to be based on paint chips.

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?ditzler=60636&rows=50&syear=1970&smanuf=Nissan&smodel=Datsun&sname=Orange

And another link, with more links inside.  Looks like Wick Humble's book writes about it.

https://www.zcar.com/threads/where-to-find-datsun-orange-paint.74424/

Edited by Zed Head

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.